What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I modified a bulkhead trim

C493DEF7-011A-4D2D-A69F-F9BBC91E4992-16984-000004C17FFF3BD4.jpg

I did this on Saturday;

*Refitted heat exchangers
*Beefier clutch release bearing clips from Cogbox (these were a right pain to clip in)
*Engine back in
*Removed old front pedal linkage and replaced with the Butty version, so this area is much tighter.

Need to balance the carb linkage a bit as the left carb comes in a little bit sooner than the right.

Des

5erge said:
I did this on Saturday;

*Refitted heat exchangers
*Beefier clutch release bearing clips from Cogbox (these were a right pain to clip in)
*Engine back in
*Removed old front pedal linkage and replaced with the Butty version, so this area is much tighter.

Need to balance the carb linkage a bit as the left carb comes in a little bit sooner than the right.

Des

Was Butty's kit as good as it looks?

creationblue said:
Was Butty's kit as good as it looks?

My front linkage was in pretty good shape but now there is no slack whatsoever up front, everything is rock solid. I still need to fit the front spring and balance everything out but so far so good, a worthwhile improvement, I'll take some pictures later on this week.

This was my last job on Saturday and by then I was absolutely bloody freezing.

Des

Today beam adjusters and various engine parts were delivered. Hmmm ... do I dare awaken the beast from hibernation? :?

squirted some waxoyl in the frame, door pillars and some in my mouth ..... YAK....note to myself, try to work with mouth closed :mrgreen:

Today, after getting towed home at 4.30 in the morning, I replaced my clutch cable for the 3rd time! :shock:

I replaced the original cable with a new one because I didn't know how old the original was, thought I'd be safe instead of sorry! LOL The new cable broke after 2 months.

IMG_4350.jpg

The second cable ( the one that broke this morning) lasted about 3 1/2 months. It basically broke in the same spot, but because we used heat shrink on it, it didn't fray like the first one.

file-39.jpg

Broke clean off.

file-40.jpg

So now we'll see how long number 3 will last. If this one does the same thing, I will be contacting the manufacture. Something is happening to these cables. I checked everything on the bus and all seems to be normal.

Booked for Chunnel for 4th epic euro roadtrip in the summer 3 weeks :shock: 8)

Can't wait ;)

8AC10D3C-CF6F-4732-9E2C-2FB39DD2341E-24930-0000181B17077B33.jpg

BAE1431B-BA26-4508-AEB2-03DE6D7B68BD-28363-00002C8B4AD46678.jpg

54670FAE-69B7-4333-B2D7-A42791DE8852-28363-00002C8B0A00F1F8.jpg

Chris

Very envious of that journey Chris!

"Had" to take mine out for a drive today... 8)

DSC_2225-2_zpse8df7136.jpg

DSC_2221-2_zpsae1961f3.jpg

DSC_2256-2_zps6a503ba8.jpg

With winter tyres, it just goes anywhere. Even up roads I struggle to walk up without slipping :lol:

Fair doos fella ... That's pretty hardcore out there in the snow sounds like you had fun :D
Cracking pictures :D
Nice one

Chris

I finally got to drive my new bus with it's new lump on tuesda and have been driving it around since trying to get some miles under its belt.

To hell with the snow and feezing cold and no heat exchangers (went for J-tubes) just been cruising around in it and enjoying :)

J.

Today I did a job I was fearing... drilled out my DRLA manifolds for the vac advance ports.
I am putting together a Megajolt ignition system and I need to have a Vac advance signal to tell the MJ the engine load so it can set the advance/retard.

I started by looking for a suitable place to mount the port take off, this should be away from the carb butterflys and should point down slightly to avoid any fuel droplets condensing and running down the VAC tube.

Here is where I decided to tap the holes:
IMG_20130122210313.jpg

I carefully drilled the manifolds with a 4.2mm drill:
IMG_20130122210509.jpg

Then Tapped with an M5 X 0.8 tap
IMG_20130122210623.jpg

Finally I carefully screwed the brass fitting in (using locktite thread sealant):
IMG_20130122210745.jpg

OH NO INTERMITTANT ELECTRICAL FAULT :evil: The bus starts then runs ok for a while then stops,then wont re-start.Leave it a while then it starts ok,then does the same again....AAAAARRRGH
Thankfully though i knew it was somewhere on the main electrical feed as when the fault occured there were no lights on the dash at all. So i remade all the positive connections at the battery,the starter motor and the fuseboard......i then took the old girl for a run [ the bus that is,my girlfriend doesnt do running ] and the fault has gone...HAPPY DAYS.Jobs a good un :D :D

Latest posts