What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ozziedog said:
Hay Kim, I spose you got to do something with the left over christmas trimmings ;) :lol: ;)
Nah,,,,,, looks real good matey, what`s it made of ?? I got about five wooden knobs ,, a couple of standard ones,, and at the moment I got a little piston on mine. I didn`t even realise I`d started a collection until I was writing this, :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, I hope that don`t mean I got some kind of knob fetish :shock: :lol: ;) :lol: :shock:

It is actually made out of glass. Basically a marble, but it is made as a shift knob, not a marble for playing with. This one is kind of small but I like it. Although I will admit, I am kind of addicted to them now. I am constantly on ebay looking for that perfect deal on them. LOL I'm looking for a 2 inch one now. The hardest part is finding them with a hole big enough to go onto the shifter. This one's hole looked bigger online then it actually was, so instead of putting a threaded insert in it, I had to use a jam nut and some really strong glue to make it work. So far so good! :D

That's the nice thing about stick shifts, we can collect knobs! :D LOL

Fitted the new overrider rubbers, both front and rear rubbers.
Foto-YPXT6ZMU-D.jpg

Foto-JFTBUSRM-D.jpg

Not a lot! just back from Hospital after having a knee op - worry is that 2 weeks at home could get expensive!
None of my plans seem that cheap :lol:

Battery is flat so have just been out and put in on charge ... then need to get some motivation to service it and get it MOT'd so can start using it 8)

New tyres all round, which gave me the excuse to take her for a little spin, which I don't usually manage mid week. Lovely. :D

Bought a battery tray from Autocraft and some seatbelts. Wife bought some nice Ikea curtains for it. :mrgreen:

swore at it. a lot.
then realised that if I used the original clips on the new inner window scrapers, they just pop in like they're meant to. ah, the joys of repro.... :roll:

Made a brighter copy of our original parcel shelf. Have made a pair - just need to fit them now...

Underneath the wool there are weak points cut in, so in the event of a crash, these will snap before our shins do!

6AF1C238-6543-4899-9F1A-9F56309B60FC-3946-00000566165333CB.jpg

03F0CF5C-FDEF-413F-8948-D3F1C9F7EA4B-3946-0000056624BAA3EE.jpg

Bloody cold so fitted steering wheel cover, cup holder and some chrome dial rings, although jurys still out on the rings :roll:
Oh and the 4 legged mechanic stuck is head in, tutted, shook his head then left without saying a word !!!
Dash_zps36387413.jpg

Billengine_zpsc1cdcbbd.jpg

Howie123 said:
Bloody cold so fitted steering wheel cover, cup holder and some chrome dial rings, although jurys still out on the rings :roll:
Oh and the 4 legged mechanic stuck is head in, tutted, shook his head then left without saying a word !!!
Dash_zps36387413.jpg

Where's the cup holder from dude

Mark

Mark6455 said:
Howie123 said:
Dash_zps36387413.jpg

Where's the cup holder from dude

Mark

Cup holder is from the States, company called JBUGS, based in California I think.
My daughter was working out there last year so I got her to fill her bag with VW goodies :D
Trying to convince her to go back again, few other bits I wouldnt mind :lol:

Well yesterday actually but,, anyway.
I refitted the anti roll bar & new bushes etc, not as hard a job as I remember from 11 years ago when I did the same job working in the road outside me ma's house!!

How time flies when your having fun!!!

Howie123 said:
Dash_zps36387413.jpg

Am i right in saying your oil bath airfilter is fitted on the left side??
Never seen that before,i take it cos in the pic with the mechanic it shows the original stand cut off.

Latest posts