What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Replaced all my fuel lines today, needed doing as I found the pipe had split where it goes in to the fuel pump. Typically I had just filled the tank the day before, always makes for a more interesting time trying to change the lines without losing all the fuel! Electric fuel pump, T piece and twin dells means so many connections!! What a pain!

Put the Danbury interior in for the 2nd weekend in a row trying to figure out the best way to make it fit, means swapping the little ledges all the wood sits on to make the beds and stuff as the cooker buddy seat needs to be by the door.

Also finally fitted the bracket for my CB so it wont keep sliding across the top of the dash

Did a bit more welding, just driver's step and cargo floor now and rear n/side window then mot time :D

Had a busy day on Friday.
I was Best man at my life long friend's wedding and we used Valerie for the wedding car.

My father inlaw picked up the bride and took her to the service........... abit of a nail biting moment for me,he's 71 and never driven the van before let alone a left hooker.
I took him on a practice run to show him where she lived a week before and then he rang me on the day with 20 mins to go before the service and said he forgotten where she lived :shock: :msn4: He had 5 miles to cover with rush hour traffic to boot. :?
Turned out he was early so i am looking for the speeding ticket to come thru the post..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then i reproofed this retro classic tent i picked up to use for weekends next to the van,even has tasselles/a fringe on the porch.......what ya reckon?????

Not bad for £8.
It's cost me more in Fabsil than what i paid for it!!!! :lol:

4DB235EF-4B54-4BFF-A239-C7B580258813-8338-0000093D77E14B30.jpg

Re-did my trigger wheel and fired up the megajolt. Had to swap some leads over at first but runs smooth a silk now, huge low/mid torque. Very happy boy.

[youtube]KzwePVZ_QTQ[/youtube]

[youtube]0OZKD-vJNPw[/youtube]

Jon

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

[http://mob1279.photobucket.com/albums/y523/AircooledEd/2013-05-01110606_zpsb4289838.jpg?/img]

Re marked an accurate TDC and 30 degree pulley marks using my newly made 'positive stop' spark plug tool.
Remtec pulley mark was a little way off. Now to re-set the valve clearances and check timing!

AircooledEd said:
2013-05-01110606_zpsb4289838.jpg

Re marked an accurate TDC and 30 degree pulley marks using my newly made 'positive stop' spark plug tool.
Remtec pulley mark was a little way off. Now to re-set the valve clearances and check timing!

Fixed the pic for you buddy

Today had a couple of parcels arrive from CoolAir and Heritage so cracked on fitting the new bits. :party0023:

Fitted a new passenger side mirror after snapping the neck of the crappy old repro one that was on before.

I have replaced the split breather pipe from the oil bath filter to oil filler with a nice tight fresh bit of hose. :shock:

Repaired a split in the carb to oil bath filter pipe with some green line electrical tape. :D

Installed a new rigid chrome ariel for the radio instead of the springloaded flappy one I had installed - involved drilling a fresh hole in the front end and ferretting around under the dash tightening bolts and finally connecting up the cable. I can now receive radio stations and everything :lol:

Still have to fit the new stainless alternator strap replacing the jubilee clip that is currently doing a fine job, after the old one snapped. :(

Will be giving Murphy a decent wash and some polish before Sundays drive out to Stanford Hall. :party0003:
Bound to rain at some point on the journey down.

StuF said:
Will be giving Murphy a decent wash and some polish before Sundays drive out to Stanford Hall. :party0003:
Bound to rain at some point on the journey down.

It's a well known fact that washing your bus causes it to rain. I'm not sure how it works, I'm no meteorologist, but it just does.

Got a new MOT...Insurance was yesterday £117 with an agreed value with full AA breakdown!!! :D

Spent a few hours putting together an ignition map for my megajolt system. Used the centrifugal and vac advance curves for an 043 -SVDA dizzy and transposed them into the megajolt SW to come up with a decent baseline map.

numarury.jpg

Will upload it tomorrow one I have checked the crank angle is being calculated correctly.

Jon

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Latest posts