What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seats out ready for new foams n covers next week hopefully
Also new break light switch fitted in master cylinder
Rear seatbelts received so trying to fig out best place to put them

Replaced my dead CB rotary fuel pump with Huco one from Eurocarb. Starts so much better and runs much more quietly, so well impressed :)

Also took the opportunity to replace all of the old fuel line. Glad I did, the old one didn't need much persuasion to come off the fuel tank outlet......

Fitted a new master cylinder today and sorted out the steering conversion. Straightend the steering wheel. Tomorrow , I'll fit the new stereo, and really go to town with the soap, water and polish. Show season bring it on :D

Replaced my broken passenger door lock spring,I've been putting it off for ages,everything came off easily,
Found the old spring was snapped! All went back together ok and what a transformation! I'm well chuffed.

Then went for a drive in the sun.

Bought it out from its garage and took the carb off ready to but my new 34 PICT-3 on. And also trial fitted my RHD classic Danbury interior in my LHD bus. Tomorrow I'll try running it and see how it goes

Spent a nice sunny day fitting the carb I got from type2tattoo, runs so much better, took it for a short spin. Also took out the last window to replace the seal and no rust on the frame, did a small bit of bodywork too. All in all a very productive day :mrgreen:

1st camping trip of the year. Went to a caravan and camping club site, too many rules even got told off for the dog being off lead;

Watched a movie in it with the kids 8)

D1706DBE-73E4-4055-A594-4222C2E25D7E-63341-00001703B93365F4_zps71eec768.jpg

marco said:
Spent a nice sunny day fitting the carb I got from type2tattoo, runs so much better, took it for a short spin. Also took out the last window to replace the seal and no rust on the frame, did a small bit of bodywork too. All in all a very productive day :mrgreen:

Pleased you are happy with it :) Lots of sunny days to come :D

Fought seized solid brake union in attempt to replace the calipers :evil:
Didn't win. :roll:

Made myself feel better by redoing all the doors so that they all now work properly (lock and release) inside and outside :D
Also sorted out erratic indicators after I played find the relay (ok, I know where it is but doesn't make it any easier to get to) and discovered it was full of water, like a little clear blue fish tank :shock:
Decided not to fill it with sea monkeys and drained, stripped, cleaned, dried and reassembled it instead. Works properly again now 8)

I spent the best part of an hour modifying my pedal lock. It's lighter and easier to fit, and hopefully just as secure...

7upy6yje.jpg

From behind...

a2a7edar.jpg

The padlock stops the bar from being moved and the pedals are disabled by the bar.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

last week I started to replace the heat exchangers and noticed a small scabby bit under the fuel tank. Engine and tank out weld up tank housing floor, like you do, what else would you do on a week off. Today refitted engine,tommow refit carbs etc wednesday the world. :D

Finally got the MOT on my 68 Westy on Saturday. DVLA yesterday and hopefully on the road by the weekend!

Happy days

Today I started getting ready to go to the VW show in Madera this Sunday. I greased the front end, replaced some tie rod ends that we discovered were bad, then figured out why my steering was hard to turn in one direction.

Need to go buy a new steering dampener.

Tomorrow I will top of the gas tank and pack the bus so it will be ready to roll Sunday morning! :D

Dragged it out of the workshop, fired it up, ran like a bag of shite but took the kids out anyway. Full throttle is fine, so briefed the missus to keep it lit as she takes the kids to Big Bang while I'm working.

Latest posts