What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found out that one of the carbs on my bus is missing the accelerator pump diaphragm, completely missing.... Its been running for a couple of weeks like that and didn't leak until today... What's happened there!

While I'm here tho, seen a few buses running US style plates on there buses, is this legal?

Sent from my 02_jbla668 using Tapatalk

ozziedog said:
Looks a bit like Clevedon ?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, Maybe ???? :mrgreen:

Correctamundo. The SaltHouse on the front.

DBS do a Mid Month drive out on the second Weds of the month in the Summer months.

mr scoops said:
ozziedog said:
Looks a bit like Clevedon ?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, Maybe ???? :mrgreen:

Correctamundo. The SaltHouse on the front.

DBS do a Mid Month drive out on the second Weds of the month in the Summer months.

Click me, next time it`s on if you would bud. I`d be down like a flash if I`m about :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, :mrgreen: Saw them there Wurzels (copy) down there last Zummmer ;)

68_early_bay said:
madmike said:
I had to re-install the heat stuff,we have 'Snow' :shock: :shock: :shock: an I'm making a 500+mile trip this weekend ;)

Snow :shock: is that normal for this time of year there?

:msn4: I'm in the garden lighting the bbq :lol:

:shock: DITO!............

BBQ that is!!!! :mrgreen:
Bring on the summer!! 8)

No not the norm for here(45* parallel aka;the polar Equator) all of our snow is usually gone by the 1st week of April :roll: and I BBQ all year up here :lol:

Removed my ignition barrel/housing and unjammed the ignition barrel so it works properly now.
Are any of the copy switched any good? (mines long gone and have a crappy accessory switch bodged in)

marco said:
Removed my ignition barrel/housing and unjammed the ignition barrel so it works properly now.
Are any of the copy switched any good? (mines long gone and have a crappy accessory switch bodged in)
I went for a repro and wish i hadn't should have got a OG so i could match the keys

Decided to scrape out the little black bit for the High beam light and managed to break the speedo needle - FUCK, BOLLOCKS- superglue it. Then decided to get rid of my fuel gauge has i fitted a more accurate modern type, due to it been shagged like a lot on this bus - probably shouldn't have done? VW purists turning in their grave - so i thought i would try and stick a Voltmeter in its place - a right pain int' arse - i call it work in progress

Finally fitted the tiny spring to the door lock, so it now works properly! Also carried on rubbing down my devon pop top, nearly ready to attach the bellows. :D

I stumbled across some old postings by Creation Blue on how to get a deluxe clock working (thanks Just, I owe you for this).

After three years of puzzling over it, and after being replaced with a lovely tacho, I finally got mine going. And it took just half an hour. It just needs a good polish now and it can be attached to the dash.

I am dead chuffed. :D

D82C4F6A-8D06-4CF0-A3A7-FCBF41A49859.jpg

After 9 years of resto/custom work, the final piece of the jigsaw fell into place this morning when I fitted the drive shafts and the van moved under its own steam for the first time in 9 years :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

VeeDubMan said:
After 9 years of resto/custom work, the final piece of the jigsaw fell into place this morning when I fitted the drive shafts and the van moved under its own steam for the first time in 9 years :)

8)

KevH said:
I stumbled across some old postings by Creation Blue on how to get a deluxe clock working (thanks Just, I owe you for this).

After three years of puzzling over it, and after being replaced with a lovely tacho, I finally got mine going. And it took just half an hour. It just needs a good polish now and it can be attached to the dash.

I am dead chuffed. :D

D82C4F6A-8D06-4CF0-A3A7-FCBF41A49859.jpg

Result 8) (invoice sent :D )

VeeDubMan said:

Very happy for you, you certainly must have dedication. Hope you enjoy the summer with the van :)

(is it me- I can't see the pics on your thread, would love to see the van!)

Latest posts