What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mike202 said:
(is it me- I can't see the pics on your thread, would love to see the van!)

Think I posted them on Facebook some time ago and the links are now dead/they changed. When I get time, I'l re-post to somewhere more permanent!

VeeDubMan said:
mike202 said:
(is it me- I can't see the pics on your thread, would love to see the van!)

Think I posted them on Facebook some time ago and the links are now dead/they changed. When I get time, I'l re-post to somewhere more permanent!

Updated Dropbox link in the sig has photos :)

With a thorough run through of the electrical on my 68, I can finally stop cursing the PO and his :x "handywork." It seems at one time the flasher and signal relays were replaced with a late bay switches, relays and even partial wiring harness ... what a flippin mess under the dash! It took me days to sort through different wiring diagrams and to identify original, late bay and non-VW wires and relays. All in all he really buggered up the clutch, Bowden tube, multiple parts on the engine and hopefully the electrical was the last. All is good and will soon be back on the road after a little lower metal work.

Hey Canuck,Just a few days? :) Took me a whole week sorting the spaghetti under the dash the P.O. had done about the same as ur's :shock: :roll: :evil:

madmike said:
Hey Canuck,Just a few days? :) Took me a whole week sorting the spaghetti under the dash the P.O. had done about the same as ur's :shock: :roll: :evil:

Glad you got it sorted madmike. Makes us appreciate our buses, effort and new skills even more :)

Last night I replaced the steering coupling with a new OE one from M7 and started to scrape off some of the peeling stonechip ready for some fresh underseal, this afternoon a new gearshift coupling is being fitted and will be removing the new alloys to fit some narrower front tyres! Exciting stuff!

I installed some of my BugoRama swap meet finds.

New to me original tire cover.

Swamp cooler.

Hubby lost a little leg room, but he only rides in it when we go to lunch so not that big of a deal.

I would have put it between the seats but that is where my cup holder is and there isn't enough space between it and my seat. Starbucks overrides being cool. LOL I know it came with cup holders, but don't think they will do much good these days. LOL

Myvanway said:
Cool find (Swampcooler zircon unit) Kim.

Dont need em over here though!! :lol:

8)

Thanks!

LOL Yah, definitely will come in handy over here in the 100 degree weather. Luckily I work for a grocery store so I can buy a bag of ice to dump in it before I leave work. Will be nice an cool on the drive home. :D

Took to the bus to the local classic show at the weekend ... :D

Next is getting ready for another euro roadtrip woop woop

Chris

crede999 said:
Took to the bus to the local classic show at the weekend ... :D

Next is getting ready for another euro roadtrip woop woop

Chris

Ha I was there too, briefly (I'm from Llanasa). Loved your bus – and that Karmann Ghia if that was yours?

Got a rattle can mixed up & sprayed my steering column :)
apyjemuv.jpg

--------------------------------------
Why didn't I buy my bus years ago !?

Finally got around to doing a compression test after the engine rebuild. 140+130+140+130= :mrgreen:

martin.sim said:
Went to Dub Mania with Steve
ajy3unyr.jpg

--------------------------------------
Why didn't I buy my bus years ago !?

Awesome pic! Looks mint! :D

Seriously contemplating selling the bus and joining the dark side
Need more room and less worrying about what job needs doing next

Sad times :(

Latest posts