What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
marco said:
Refitted gearbox and engine, all tightened up, can't remember if I torqued up the clutch cover bolts :oops:
Engine'll have to come back out :evil:

f4441b232f2237f2d6bfd275d4b22916.jpg

:(

picked up a bed tonight with wife's uncle, 15 miles at night, mainly on very wet B roads and he said he was "genuinely scared" after we got home. :lol:
Think he would of enjoyed it more if he knew the road as well as I do, and my headlights were better than a battery torch :msn4:

Found a not so good ashtray to attach my vase to. CLeaned it up and painted it and put the vase on. Now my good ashtray will stay complete with no holes. :D

Took my dash top out today ready for screen out and classic fab panel on Wednesday
Some pics

It's not too bad I'll get screen out pics on Wednesday

Mark

Spent 4 hours working out how to get 17x7 Fuches on the back of my bus with adjustable spring plates!

Ok, not strictly today (was yesterday) removed engine, torqued up clutch bolts, refitted engine, adjusted clutch, turned key...nothing, removed starter, refitted starter, went to get some fuel, kept cutting out (anoying everyone behind me) got back, adjusted dizzy (must have knocked it when wrestling engine back in) picked daughter up from school then parked her (van) up and had tea.(oh and I unblocked the fuel flap drain tube) all in all a productive day. :mrgreen:

I bought some knock off eBay vw tourag hub caps, cut the clips off and trial fitted to my porsche rims :)

IMG_20140130_21230_edit_1391117001963_zpsu3cn2nb1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I opened up and cleaned my headlight relay as Friday evening it decided to stop working :oops: stuck on main beam , luckily I was just moving some stuff around the village, no one flashed me, first time I've been thankful the lights aren't very bright :lol:
Relay is working a treat now.

Fitted a split charging system and got my reverse lights working at last :) . Its been one of the very few dry days available the last few weeks so took advantage of the dry weather and got busy

I tried swapping solenoids on my starters to find out they're different :roll: so stripped and cleaned up the 'sticky' one. Hope it works now :? Did find one for £13.10 though so not too bad if it doesn't, might order 2 and have a spare :D

I 'lubed' my rear axle nuts in preparation for my rear wheel stud,adapter and wheel swap. I wonder if it will stay dry this weekend??

Latest posts