What did you do with your early bay today

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went for a breakfast in woodbridge and then on to rendlesham forest for a long walk and lunch in the bus!

Perfect weekend :D

Uncovered the van for the first time since november when I used it move house. Well all the small stuff anyway....
Got the battery charger out ready but guess what?? It fired up straight away. Gotta love 44 year old v-dubs left outside over the winter!! :D

Took it for a "big shop"with the little'un, then after 7 years I solved the problem of my sliding door not popping out when opening :party0006: :party0006:
So simple too ! A good spray on both faces of the rubber seal at the rear upright side with silicone lube spray like this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EVERBUILD-All-Purpose-Dry-Silicone-Lubricant-Spray-Large-Can-400ML-/200934196738" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
30 fuckin seconds to fix ,the little things make me smile the most sometimes :lol:
I'm ignoring the other issues :msn4:

Davydomes said:
Due to lack of space in garage to work.

My mate and co-restorer/owner Rob has bought a shed - so today was an Aimish style "shed raising"

Ta dah! :)

Will be starting a build thread soon 8)

Well, you didn't have to go and build another shed. I would have taken the "Erkal" (sp) car off your hands! LOL

squirt72 said:
Took it for a "big shop"with the little'un, then after 7 years I solved the problem of my sliding door not popping out when opening :party0006: :party0006:
So simple too ! A good spray on both faces of the rubber seal at the rear upright side with silicone lube spray like this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EVERBUILD-All-Purpose-Dry-Silicone-Lubricant-Spray-Large-Can-400ML-/200934196738" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
30 fuckin seconds to fix ,the little things make me smile the most sometimes :lol:
I'm ignoring the other issues :msn4:

Haha too funny

Well, you didn't have to go and build another shed. I would have taken the "Erkal" (sp) car off your hands! LOL

Heard of it called that "Erkal" before - believe it was the guys car and used in a TV series in the USA. I don't believe it was ever shown/aired in the UK.

Its a 1961 BMW Isetta 300 RHD 3 Wheel version built by Isetta GB (BMW) in Brighton England originally - Total body off restoration by me and my mate. A lot harder to do than a Bus due to lack of parts - body panels :roll: . Though it has improved over the years as these have become more collectable.

Picked at a rust scab on the inside of the wheel arch....then accidentally stuck the ignition key straight through it! :cry:
More things to do....bollox!

Fitted my rear wheels!

just the fronts to detail and fit now, but the difficult ends done. :)

Drove it...........first time in about 12 months. Not been off the road just been sidetracked with a few yank cars :mrgreen:

Davydomes said:

Heard of it called that "Erkal" before - believe it was the guys car and used in a TV series in the USA. I don't believe it was ever shown/aired in the UK.

Its a 1961 BMW Isetta 300 RHD 3 Wheel version built by Isetta GB (BMW) in Brighton England originally - Total body off restoration by me and my mate. A lot harder to do than a Bus due to lack of parts - body panels :roll: . Though it has improved over the years as these have become more collectable.

Yah I was kind of worried you wouldn't know who Urkel was, yes I looked it up and can spell it right now. LOL I just couldn't remember the name of the car and couldn't read it from the pic. LOL

Here is a web page on his car.
http://onscreencars.com/tv/family-matters/steve-urkels-bmw-isetta/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yah I was kind of worried you wouldn't know who Urkel was, yes I looked it up and can spell it right now. LOL I just couldn't remember the name of the car and couldn't read it from the pic. LOL

Here is a web page on his car.
http://onscreencars.com/tv/family-matte" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... mw-isetta/

Nice to know it's the PERFECT NERDS CAR :?

john the horse said:
neilswheels said:
Fitted my rear wheels!
just the fronts to detail and fit now, but the difficult ends done. :)
what size are those tyres mate? look a bit low pro for the back? wheels lok gr8 all the same

jth

Yeh they are a bit low, 45's, but at this diameter they are the same overall diameter as a stock wheel/tyre combo. I'm going up to 55's tho cos I'm not big on the rubber band look, and this will add 25mm or so to the tyre wall, also slightly better cruising speed.

was delivered with some NOS goodies today from USA ;)
(bumper seal is repro, everything other than that NOS)

1962747_837538066272139_986915822_n.jpg

Latest posts