What is standard tyre size?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't be bothered to unlock the garage to check what size my stock tyres are (wheels are 5x112 PCD) - anyone know off hand?

Your asking us and most have been flooded in enjoying copious amounts of alcohol? :D

something like 185/75-14 will keep you attached to terra firma, you can go a bit wider and a bit lower profile as well.
The original tyres were crossply and a lot taller and a bit skinnier from memory, so that is where all the speedo accuracy goes astray.

And you have just re defined my "most lazy" award!
Congratulations dude.
David

Hi
The book says upto 1971 cross ply 7.00 x 14 6 or 8 ply
1971 on radial 185 R 14.C
But if you put a 185/75 on a van that should have cross ply tyres top end RPM will be 25% or top end speed down by 25% but on the plus side you get better acceleration , as a cross ply tyre is full profile. The /75 refers to the % of a full profile, if it does not state a profile like the 185 R 14.C, then its around 80 / 82%.
I am sure that you know this but some may not.

Thanks Den

lobus said:
...And you have just re defined my "most lazy" award!
Congratulations dude...
David

Cheers Dave!
In fairness the garage is about 20 metres from where I sit on the computer, and I was a bit tired...

J&M wins another award - I can see the headlines now! (Hears applause and receives flowers etc!)

;)

Latest posts