What jobs do we do?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a Field Service Technician for Bosch, Neff, Siemens and Gaggeneau....

I fix your washing machine when you don't check your pockets! ;) Along with 300 UK wide engineers, fix the entire portfolio of all our 4 brands in the UK, all products across 4 brands, laundry, cooking, vacuums, and refrigeration.

Work the North Devon area. :D

Alistair

MikeyC said:
They'll believe anything! :lol:

Why have i just fallen off my chair with larfter. That must be the quote of the day.

They are just as daft a few years up the school.

I'm a vehicle body refinishing technician [or fairy as someone posted earlier :shock: ]
I've got a small bodyshop in South Shields [near newcastle]
There are some high flyers on this site , mind !

Lee C said:
I'm a vehicle body refinishing technician [or fairy as someone posted earlier :shock: ]

:lol: A term of endearment coming from a "rough arsed panel beater, what the hell have you rubbed this down with? a brick?"

I'm an Air Traffic Engineer, responsible for the maintenance of the airfields nav aids and communications systems that people like "bottom rung" break! ;)
bottom rung said:
Air traffic controller...

Doing this job within the RAF so also get to do nice things like go away for months on end to the scrag ends of the planet, leaving my family and bus behind! :(

Still, finish this all next year and will be looking for a new career! Can't wait!!

MikeyC said:
really enjoy teaching this age! They'll believe anything! :lol:

not much different with the 11-16's, easy to spin a yarn or two ............. we have plasma screen and bar in the staffroom, head of faculty has a full body tattoo, the school is getting mobile phone jammers, head of history was digging world war one style trenches in public grassy area of the school, can you go to mr ***** and ask for a long stand etc etc.

Lee C said:
I've got a small bodyshop in South Shields [near newcastle]
There are some high flyers on this site , mind !

Where abouts fella I'm a Sand dancer meself

Lee C said:
:lol:
Cheers , I think I reconise that pick-up , we're you at viking a couple of weeks ago ?

Yeah I was, I learnt that big hill, beer, taking my shirt off and a mountain board was not a winning combination!

Sounds dead posh that.
Well if we're bigging it up I'm a Vehicle Body Repair Technition. (doing my NVQ Lv 3 this year so will soon be able to tack on PAS 125 Compliant on the front of my occupation )

Unfortunatly though I work in a small bodyshop so have to do some of boring paint fairy stuff as well.

Hi ProfessorWheeto, short for 'Panel basher' :lol: !! I guess your young and enthusiastic about the job? give it up while you have time lad!! :lol:
Seriuously, I have just completed my ATA, three days of sheer murder to achieve. I saw some good beaters fold up under the pressure. Even the instructors said it is way, way over the top. :shock:
We are going PAS125 right now and when its up and running fully its going to be a nightmare. I don't think our lot quite understand the full implications of it. Its a volume workshop run on bonus, get em in and get em out, things are going to slow down quite a bit. The only good thing is it gives a bit of power back to the workshop staff ;)

No, 30 years of it from small shops, restoration firms and the big franchise groups has taken its toll, next stop is out for me.

Now if I had my own workshop and a yard full of bays that might just keep an old dog going ;)

Well, I thought I should post up on here.

I was a teacher for 6 years teaching 11 to 16 then Reception then year 6........a bit of variety never hurt anyone :mrgreen: The opportunity came about to focus on just one area of the Curriculum, the much loathed 'PE', so I thought I could change the way it is being taught. So I now train teachers in 56 schools how to deliver PE without putting kids off for life........

Run round the field twice, in shorts and a T shirt in the snow!!!!! :roll:

Lets play rounders...2 teams of 20, sit there and wait for your turn to miss the ball, "well done Claire, nice daisy chain" :|

:mrgreen:

foster carer, thats why i have microbus 8 seats , the kids love it too whether there 2year old toddler or a 16year old chav !! (dont diss the van !!).............5 kids at the minute including mine but i get to stay home and play with the bus while there in school and theres always a few willing hands to help wash it too !!!!!!!!!

freddie said:
Im just a student... :roll:

:D

Me too, but one of the mature variety :)
I had the greatest job in the world up until she went to school. You guessed, an at home Dad. :D

hipshaker said:
MikeyC said:
really enjoy teaching this age! They'll believe anything! :lol:

not much different with the 11-16's, easy to spin a yarn or two ............. we have plasma screen and bar in the staffroom, head of faculty has a full body tattoo, the school is getting mobile phone jammers, head of history was digging world war one style trenches in public grassy area of the school, can you go to mr ***** and ask for a long stand etc etc.

Secondary kids are just as damn needy :lol:
I'm pretty heavily tattooed too, not that I advertise it at School ;)

rustydiver said:
I am a SEN LSA Working in a local primary school, i work with children in the 4 to 8 age range with various different learning needs. Crap pay but great holidays (which i dont get paid for), it has to be the best job i have ever had, i look foward to going to work in the mornings. No its not because most of the theachers are young ladies in their 20's, but it does help ;) .

I've done some work with the SEN team out of Taunton..........do you go to the Somerset Dyslexia Association meetings :?: Missed out on a ticket to Sue Gathercole's session coming up soon.......Memory....don't you just love it :mrgreen: I seem to remember (no pud intended) Somerset was doing some interesting stuff with small kids and reading using thier LSA's...do you do the intensive reading package (cannot remember the name...memory ;) ) at your place?...if so respect...my knowledge of split-digraphs, phoneme blends and even syllabales is awful :shock: ...and as for spoonerisms......Lohn Jennon would turn in his grave :!:

I am amazed how many body shop tecnitions/technicions/techntions ;) .....are on here.............does the choice of vehicle go with the job :lol:

I'm chief edjit :mrgreen: One of 4 partners running a rapid prototyping & modelmaking business. Sounds great but I don't get enough time to play with all the wonderful toys we have & the stress levels are in all honesty just a bit too high.