What jobs do we do?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Conveyor engineer .. Like the stuff at airports and in distribution ..

Do I win the most boring job prize then! ..

Hilly

Full Time 'Event Production Manager' looking after the technical aspect of conferences (Lighting, Sound, Video, etc etc) been doing it for 25 years!! and part time (at the moment) I run Midland Early Bay 8) 8) 8).

Currently sat running a conference at the Landmark Hotel in London, long hours and lots of unsociable hours are part of the game I'm afraid and thats my excuse as to why I look so haggered :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trying to combine both jobs to organise a UK 'Air Cooled Only' event within the next couple of years :D :D :D :D

Carpet Fitter , Not this week tho' as I have siatica , back troubles - not good :(

International Man of Mystery... :msn4:

....in a previous incarnation when asked what I did, a colleague used the term ‘Enigma’

At college I was a 'horticultural harvester' :lol:

I do love job titles......what do they mean....oh yea I picked tomatoes...don't you just love playing with language :roll:

.....currently I sit around all day chatting to women in my office, generally they are aged 18-40, some wear uniforms and during the summer some wear far to little ;) I have complained :!:

old school mecanic ,working packing bottles of sherry and ginger ,would start up again doing air cooled if could get enough customers.just starting continental shifts ,more time to work on panel,beetle resto,drag race beetle,mates type 3 squareback full resto/custom,etc.
And the missus wants the garden and house done (no ,to many bays not enough time :!: )

Maintenance and Environmental Manager for BUTLINS........

I'll start the HiDeHi jokes now......

Graham L said:
Trying to combine both jobs to organise a UK 'Air Cooled Only' event within the next couple of years :D :D :D :D

We may need to chat?!? ;)

streetboy said:
Senior Panel Technition for a large accident repair center.

:lol: Sounds dead posh that.
Well if we're bigging it up I'm a Vehicle Body Repair Technition. (doing my NVQ Lv 3 this year so will soon be able to tack on PAS 125 Compliant on the front of my occupation :lol: )

Unfortunatly though I work in a small bodyshop so have to do some of boring paint fairy stuff as well.

Porter, Security Team Leader at Chester Uni.
Been here 17 years started as a life guard and mini bus driver.
Money is good, hours are good and the views are good to :D

Also help with the build up and smooth running of Deva Dubs and Rods :D

I'm an apprentice HGV and plant equipment mechanic/fitter for the local council. Basically i fix anything that the council has with a engine. 35cc strimmers and hedge cutters, cars, vans, ride-on mowers, trucks, refuse freighters (dustcarts) even diggers and tractors. As you can see, quite a wide range of stuff, so far i've done 3 out of 5 years of my appenticeship

And away from the council i repair cars on my driveway to earn abit of beer money :lol:

In an ideal world i'd like to work on aircooled vw's :mrgreen:

i`ve been a postie, sign fitter, optical asistant, chippie, brickie, part time footballer :lol:
been self employed as a decorator for 5 years now....looking for something else now, would like a job with lots of travelling and then maybe get me and the family to go live in kernow as i`m a wannabe surfer......
i should grow up really :mrgreen:

and another secondary school teacher here. head of pshe (personal, social and health education).

could always do with a bit more time off though ;)

Professional Potter running vocational training workshop for ' troubled teens'. Nice to make a living doing something creative and socially useful. Been doing it for 26 years now :shock: .

Administator Motor trade + part time gardener/mechanic!

(the part time work funds my hobby, the trouble is its sometimes takes
up my hobby, especially weekends: catch 22 really)! :roll:

Just back to work after being off for 6 weeks due to x3 prolapsed discs in
my back (symapthise with your sciatica Grazy :( hope you feel well soon)!

self employed floorlayer,....... or low level covering technician!!! :lol:
I mainly do design flooring these days and commercial vinyl, dont really do much fluffy stuff (carpet) anymore apart for family and friends,............. ive been doing it twenty years now and its ok, hard work but i like my job most days, the wife says ive got to get on top of the work/life balance thing, im very busy and find it hard to say no!!!! :roll: :)

Electrical control panel wirer / distribution switch board builder! ( industrial electrical engineer ) moneys ok, hours ok most of the time, some long days or weekends away. been doing it for the same company since i left school 19 years ago, keep thinking time for a change but dont know what!!!

Latest posts