What part are you struggling to find?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex VW Heritage

Reaction score
Hi All

We are looking at stepping up our manufacturing and getting parts which are no longer available reproduced.

There is no point asking for a 1 year only part to be reproduced it isn't finacially viable.

BUT

What parts have you struggled to find?

What parts could you not find?

What parts are available but are just poor quality?

I look forward to your responses and feedback :mrgreen:

Wheel arches!!!

Devon roof bellows (only seems to be one manufacturer).

I also wonder about the inner valance and outer lower panel as well. Although I haven't looked around to see if anyone other than Klokkerholm makes them.

Seconded on the steering boxes.

Decent headlight rims
Hub Caps - what's the status with these? I had some from you last year under the Original Classic Parts but they are not on the website anymore. I know about the VW copyright issue, but I thought this was a VW approved supply?

Cargo floors. Almost impossible to buy the left half and ones that are available were shocking quality.

burns808 said:
Seconded on the steering boxes.

Decent headlight rims
Hub Caps - what's the status with these? I had some from you last year under the Original Classic Parts but they are not on the website anymore. I know about the VW copyright issue, but I thought this was a VW approved supply?

113-601-151/GEN £63 each inc VAT they wont be on the site but we can do over the phone we have the last 47 known to exist.

I have been looking for the plastic channels on the door that route fresh air and form the armrests, can't seem to find them.

Stearing boxes RHD.
Arches that fit and are made of a decent grade metal.
Front panels that you dont have to fuck about with to put on early bays!
In fact all panels made correctly that fit and are of a quality. If you get that and the name is out there, people will purchase every time and it will make every one else pick up their game, as cheap repro panels are turd and in this modern age we have ze technology! 8)
Polished stainless u hinge for the sliding door RHD or LHD
VW stamped polished stainless hub caps!
i could go on......... 8)

Please do go on, the more the merrier,

Information from yourselves is invaluable and appreciated.

It also means we can prioritise things you guys actually want rather than bits we think you all want ;) :mrgreen:

Decent blanking plates for the late bay indicator holes! Unless there is already some that I've not found, or it could be they are fine, but the late bay top panel is crap!

Double cab panels are not available and I assume its the same for pickups. The back window rubbers are hard to find as is the cab door rubber

A post bottoms from floor down, i can't be the only who's had to make them,

just as a side thought, just getting into a full resto and it would be nice to know that when i order panels that they will fit without titting around, from what i can gather this is a concern for most restorers..

Rear tin ( over the gearbox ) for early bay ..... The one you supply everyone with , is a chrome beetle one ..

echo Devon roof stuff being limited by there only being one suppllier out there - I'm in need of struts and mine is currently held up with bits of wood in the meantime!

Early bay rear brake backing plates Left and Right

...and early bay rear backing plate star adjuster clips, the ones you sell are not correct :-

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Spring-clip-for-star-adjuster-T2-1963-70-Rear-Each-211609485A_act_shop.product_pID_125259869_lang_EN_country_GB.htm?crumbStartPage=4&crumbStartRow=95" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unless you have new stock and not updated the picture as the picture is deffo wrong

The originals measure 46mm

The ones you sell are a different profile and much longer and are for 71 onwards

Difference is huge

Latest posts