What part are you struggling to find?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
easy said:
Front panels that you dont have to fuck about with to put on early bays!
In fact all panels made correctly that fit and are of a quality. If you get that and the name is out there, people will purchase every time and it will make every one else pick up their game, as cheap repro panels are turd and in this modern age we have ze technology! 8)

This, especially the front panels - converting the repro front panels to early (including the badge bulge) is a nightmare of a job...

For the steering boxes, just the worm/peg (parts that normally wear a flat) would be the most important bit to be re-made.

If I were looking for a new box, I'd be happy with an exchange box with those parts replaced. Or to buy the parts to fit them myself. :)

-brake pushrods- easy to make, no plans though, and NOBODY makes them.
-oil cooler "hoover bit"- plans available, they'd be easy to make and sell quite cheaply
-early bay front gearbox mounts

Alex VW Heritage said:
burns808 said:
Seconded on the steering boxes.

Decent headlight rims
Hub Caps - what's the status with these? I had some from you last year under the Original Classic Parts but they are not on the website anymore. I know about the VW copyright issue, but I thought this was a VW approved supply?

113-601-151/GEN £63 each inc VAT they wont be on the site but we can do over the phone we have the last 47 known to exist.

:) Thanks Alex, but what I mean is that - Do you mean that there will be no more produced despite the 'Original Classic Parts' connection? Or will possibly be available if enough people complain!!! :)

Not meaning to bust your balls, but there seems to be a lot of people asking this question recently.

The cable that goes from the oil bath air filters flap to the flap levers at the back of the engine for the oil bath filters without the stat

Chrome door mirrors that have the correct thread!!
Cab step rubbers that fit!
Ignition barrels, is it just me or is it really difficult to get all the parts to fit together ??
Having a crossover doesn't help likec :roll:

On a serious note, it appears that the main problem people have is the poor quality of the parts that ARE available!!
Especially for the price of things!!!!

Hope this helps Alex. :)

This little clip to hold the back of the front passenger seat in place:

6witUfg.jpg

Lee C said:
Chrome door mirrors that have the correct thread!!
Cab step rubbers that fit!
Ignition barrels, is it just me or is it really difficult to get all the parts to fit together ??
Having a crossover doesn't help likec :roll:

On a serious note, it appears that the main problem people have is the poor quality of the parts that ARE available!!
Especially for the price of things!!!!

Hope this helps Alex. :)

Notch1500 on Ebay, fit great!

Heater control levers with red and green rubber tips
Bottom sliding bracket for RHD sliding doors (although have now seen advertised in recent mag)

easy said:
Arches that fit and are made of a decent grade metal.
Front panels that you dont have to fuck about with to put on early bays!
In fact all panels made correctly that fit and are of a quality. If you get that and the name is out there, people will purchase every time and it will make every one else pick up their game, as cheap repro panels are turd and in this modern age we have ze technology! 8)

I'll second that, proper fitting front arches (and all other panels) that actually fit and aren't made of tin foil :mrgreen:

cab door seals.a good quality seal just dosent exist

no one sells a good cab door seal.

over gearbox tin with hole for vent for early bays

door seals

spring that holds the sliding door open.

door seals

door seals

door seals

door seals

door seals

good stearing wheels,ive always thought a steering wheel the same as the origanal but with leather would be a great seller

oh and door seal

thanks

chris

Ive got the c&c ones and while there better than some I still think there pants. I want my doors to shut not slam :lol:

A decent quality Early Front badge

Ditto on the Hub Cap situation

15" Split Steel Wheels,
just about every other wheel has been reproduced, its about time someone remade these

Vewib Door and Window seals
You/Heritage sell some Vewib seals (cab and tailgate seals and I think front screen seals), but others for example side loading door seals, side window seals are not available from you, they are either alternate quality/manufacturer so we/I end up buying the other seals from other companies

I cant speak for everyone else but I would prefere to buy everything I need for a resto from one supplier

That's all for now
Adam

Latest posts