What security do you use?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simo

Reaction score
Looking for some ideas for mechanical lock for my westy as in steering lock or handbrake lock or pedal lock or some sort of combination of them! i dont like the ones i have seen on ebay or in the local car spares shops etc. I used to have a very good pedal to steering wheel lock which was really heavy and solid made by Abus, but i let my daughter use it for her little MG and then she sold it on with the car - gutted as i havnt seen them anywhere else :cry:
I remember years ago you could get some sort of handbrake lock for the pull out leavers??
Not too keen on paying out for an alarm as the electrical system and locks on a bus are very basic and easy to overide to say the least :roll:
I have a harley fitted with an alarm but rarly use it as its far more effective to lock it to something with a quality lock (although i do know if they really want it they will get it)
Just looking for something that i can use when you stop somewhere and leave the bus for a little while without worring that some little toerag will jump in it and drive off!

I never found a steering or handbrake device that I was happy with so go with a combination of one of these

http://www.purpleline.co.uk/Fullstop/samurai/Main.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

which is quick and easy to carry and fit plus a dummy LED flashing bulb and appropriate stickers available for less than £10 from ebay.

Also have a couple of other strategies which I can't tell you about!

Also have a couple of other strategies which I can't tell you about![/quote]

:msn4: :msn4: :msn4:
looked at those, but also looking for something quick , discrete but effective for those "just poping to the shops" moments etc.

I have an F.G.B. chain in a see through plastic type sleeve so you can see it`s a hefty chain, I loop it through the steering wheel and padlock it to the brake pedal and I leave the steering on full lock. Not fantastic, and not by any means fool proof, but dead quick to do and I leave it in the walkway through. I also make sure the lock is at the bottom and the key way facing the wrong way so they can`t easily see what sort of key it takes. If there is just a little slack in the chain, it makes it harder to snap. No match for top quality bolt cutters I would think, but does look very business like. :msn4:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, On the chain gang :lol:

Sydney1 said:
appropriate stickers

I sell:

vehicle_im_fitted.jpg

If it helps.

Sorry for the plug. Please delete if required.

8) Me liking that last one, couple of dangle irons :?: :?: :?: Looks simples, would you be pissed if I copied and modded it, just for myself :shock: :?: :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,, pretty please ;) :roll: ;)

I'll work on a plan this weekend. What do reckon to £25 each, painted and logo'd up but supply your own locks?

Latest posts