What security do you use?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, just thought id post a couple of pics, armed mine with a Squire disc padlock, which cost £22 from a local hardwear shop, and has a "professional" rating :msn4:

I reall like these disc locks and have a couple of others on motorcycle locks, which did well on lock tests in the motorcycle press in past years. I had to open out the holes a little to allow the lock to fit but not much!

Good product thanx Uber :D

054.jpg

053.jpg

TakeLifeEasy said:
I will be getting an uber cool security lock but I was wondering if anyone has used a Stoplock Professional steering lock and if they have fitted to a bus -
http://www.saxon-brands.com/viewprod-Stoplock_Professional.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i had a steering lock for a while as an insurance clause. not sure why a lot of them are useless in a bus, the sticky outy bit hits the body or window to stop the steering moving more than about half a turn, but i found with some i tried, they just waggled around and missed everything except my bollocks.

some may work brilliantly, but make sure you check it for fit before buying, or you may come back to an angry car thief with sore danglies stood where your van was wanting revenge.

Smallprint:
This is highly unlikely to happen, as no self respecting criminal would come back for revenge when clearly stealing a van is more than enough to spoil someones day.

i should add, that the waggling was due to the size of the steering wheel, and the way some of the locks attach not being very good on the thin rim. and in no way due to my being completely inept.

just thought id get that in, before anyone else did :lol:

uber cool said:
looking good :mrgreen:

I'll make the next batch with slightly larger holes.

it was only the next size up maybe, but the bolt on the lock is quite thick, depends what locks other people are going to use

antoine,

Many thanks, I think a trip to halfords is in order to see if they let me try some. Just trying to find additional locks that are light weight to carry while on holiday. We have a Purpleline Nemesis wheel lock while parked up at home but not sure I want to cart this thing around with me while going out for the day or on holiday as it pretty heavy!
http://www.purpleline.co.uk/Fullstop/nemesis/Main.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi uber cool, when will you be doing the next batch? i would like to add my name to the list, Thanks, Rob

in answer, a little more than before,
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30162" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and in thanks for increasing demand ill have a free lock now ubercool :lol:

Yeah will be making some more next weekend. Drop me a pm whether you are left or right hand drive. As these require slightly different measurements

Hiya Ubercool, got a left hand drive bus. Let me know costs and how you want the money. Have Pm'd ya as well but dont know if they working properly or not. Thanks, Pete

Bear's Dad said:
Some good mechanical tips there...

... but I prefer a more organic method of security ;) .

Bussecurity-1.jpg

Works every time!!!

uber cool said:
Yeah will be making some more next weekend. Drop me a pm whether you are left or right hand drive. As these require slightly different measurements

I'll take one please.
Pm sent

Latest posts