What security do you use?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd have to so no, as it will be quite heavy. and i'm not up on postage rates etc, but let me weigh mine and check Uk post rates.

Elo i have a raid snap off kit on my steering wheel which allows me to take off my wheel in seconds,no steering wheel and the pikeys cant drive it :msn4:
you dont even have to look like a tool carrying a wheel around town either as it locks so cant be re fitted without the key so you can leave in the van. :D

Had a thought :shock: If you cut a length of scaffold tube to fit between the clutch pedal and the floor and then cut a slot in it so that you could slide it over the arm between the underside of the pedal and the floor and then cut two holes in it for a padlock and again for the brake, hey presto ,,, :msn4: no clutch or brake. Also not seen easily seen which might be good or might be not so good, dunno,, just thinking out loud :roll:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Could be danger mouse when he`s thinking :lol: :? :lol:

ok, guys, I'm going to starting making a batch of these later in the week, painted with stickers and a padlock for £25. I'll post a new thread on here probably thursday once i've made up a production model.

uber cool said:
ok, guys, I'm going to starting making a batch of these later in the week, painted with stickers and a padlock for £25. I'll post a new thread on here probably thursday once i've made up a production model.
Hi Ubercool, any more info on these yet mate? Cheers

meowdmucker said:
uber cool said:
Hi Ubercool, any more info on these yet mate? Cheers

Hi uber cool I'll have one mate are you going to the diner on the 5th
Cheers mark

Hi

Hello All, I've been lurking up until now as I haven't actually taken delivery of my bus yet, but this issue has been playing on my mind a bit. Back in the day I seem to recall that if my dad parked his car anywhere he didn't like the look of, he'd just pop the distributor cap off and stuff the rotor arm in his pocket. Any reason why this wouldn't be a suitable strategy?

Hi mate - welcome! if its easy for your Dad to pop a rotor out, its easy for a thief to pop a rotor in! its an old trick that is well known I'm afraid. Thieves have been known to have a pocket full of rortor arms. It may well put off a youthfull opportunist but It seems that these scum are targeting buses,they go to the trouble of lifting them onto a flat bed truck in some cases,I wouldn't of thought they would even try and start or get in it in that scenario.

Of course removing the rotor is a step in the right direction, but I wouldn't rely solely on a missing rotor arm as being my means of securing a 15k bus :!:

holio.cornolio said:
Hello All, I've been lurking up until now as I haven't actually taken delivery of my bus yet, but this issue has been playing on my mind a bit. Back in the day I seem to recall that if my dad parked his car anywhere he didn't like the look of, he'd just pop the distributor cap off and stuff the rotor arm in his pocket. Any reason why this wouldn't be a suitable strategy?
This stops them driving it away but as most thefts now involve pushing them onto the back of a trailer / transporter then to be honest the only real thing is park in a garage or off the road and use either a wheel clamp or a use a concreted collapsable post in the driveway.

Doris said:
... but It seems that these scum are targeting buses,they go to the trouble of lifting them onto a flat bed truck in some cases,I wouldn't of thought they would even try and start or get in it in that scenario.
:!:
Well that's just downright uncivilised. These people need to be taught a lesson, hence I am now considering fabricating a convincing papier mache replica of a bus which will be rammed full of nitroglycerine and placed in a temptingly secluded spot. One reckless shove on the tailgate and BOOM.
I reckon a dozen or so of these parked strategically around the country should get the lesson through these people. We're on to you...... who's in?

holio.cornolio said:
Doris said:
... but It seems that these scum are targeting buses,they go to the trouble of lifting them onto a flat bed truck in some cases,I wouldn't of thought they would even try and start or get in it in that scenario.
:!:
Well that's just downright uncivilised. These people need to be taught a lesson, hence I am now considering fabricating a convincing papier mache replica of a bus which will be rammed full of nitroglycerine and placed in a temptingly secluded spot. One reckless shove on the tailgate and BOOM.
I reckon a dozen or so of these parked strategically around the country should get the lesson through these people. We're on to you...... who's in?

This reminds me of a James Bond film, For your eyes only maybe?? (on Tv a few weeks ago).

A lotus parked up with a security sticker on the side glass which expodes into a million pieces when a "baddie" attempts to force the door.

Hey Uber!
Loving your pedal-lock design
Count me in for one and the
Money will be on its way!
Cheers
Spence

Ok guys back in businesss, been working away for a while.

I've ordered all the materials to make a batch of 10 locks, I'll start this weekend.

Cost will be £25 each lock supplied with no padlock or £30 inc a padlock. P&P will be £5.00 to uk address.

I'm calling it 'UberSecure', so you will also get 2 stickers

ubersecure.jpg

list who wants one below

uber cool said:

I've ordered all the materials to make a batch of 10 locks, I'll start this weekend.

Cost will be £25 each lock supplied with no padlock or £30 inc a padlock. P&P will be £5.00 to uk address.

ubersecure.jpg

list who wants one below
1 x meowdmucker without padlock

meowdmucker said:
uber cool said:

ubersecure.jpg

list who wants one below
1 x meowdmucker without padlock
1 without padlock for me.mark6455,cheers

Latest posts