• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

What's my old engine worth

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martin.sim

Reaction score
Hiya
Thinking of having a clear out, I've got what I assume is a single port engine complete with Dynamo, standard carb etc. it does have some end float mind & the obligatory oil leak.
I know I'm supposed to give a price but I haven't a clue what it's worth, should I break it down for individual parts etc can anyone advise & if they are interested in it

--------------------------------------
Why didn't I buy my bus years ago !?

I'm looking for a crank and con rods. If that helps you make a decision. They'd have to be very good condition tho. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all down to how much end float it has, and how much compression. Assuming you don't have anything stupid going on like dropped valves. If you want to make money, you've got to get those specs :) As it could be anything from a bit worn with 50k left in it, or completely knackered :)

I really don't know, I drove the bus back from Bournemouth to the Midlands & swapped it for my current one as it had twin carbs, alternator etc & was just easier to change the lot.

I'd rather it went complete tbh as if I started stripping it I'd be keeping stuff all over again just I case lol
Think I do need the fly wheel off it though to go with my "spare" gearbox

If it runs and gets you about, £200 long block, £400 fully built with carb, exhaust and all that nonsense is probably about right :) If you get some info and stop the oil leak, £600 up I guess :)

Hi
Is it complete with heat exchangers, exhaust, correct tinware and engine bar?

Could you pm me a contact number
Cheers
Bob

No heat exchangers (I need some new ones myself)
PM sent

6d2265ec89412689b655cbae507331f5.jpg

04927fc1750ab894e7601af6421c20b2.jpg

Yeah someone pointed that out to me, I didn't realise

Latest posts