Wheels

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My word! think i will just by some second hand ones of someone! :shock:

easy said:
My word! think i will just by some second hand ones of someone! :shock:

Rocking horse poo, comes to mind :D

i think if someone is lucky (or rich enough to bespoke order) to get their hands on these, you'll probably have to pry the wheels from 'said' cold dead hands (if they have any sense) :)

we should see how much a job lot would cost...put the cash in together...then sell sell sell....

Thats an idea, show of hands?

/Holds hand up

I wonder what the lead time would be on a few sets?

We have a good guy in our club who ships parts over from C.A ever once in a while i wonder would it be worth giving him a call.

I think when i buy wheels in the future its going to be in person. I will never by something this large over tinternet!

PS. SAtill reading the thread on the samba its amazing. :shock:

Oh my God - I've just spent the best part of an hour reading a thread about a guy I don't know trying to buy some wheels I don't want off a guy I wouldn't like to know!

What a great thread though - I hope things never get that heated on here...

Der Steiner Rads - No thanks!

;)

Yeah wheels are a strange thing.

Personally I love the DSR's but could not justify spending that much cash on them!

Especially with and everyday vehicle!

The front end of your westy looked awesome in the workshop when I saw it Tim. This bus will blow everyone away when they see it :!:

here's mine..1999 Audi A4 turbo wheels...16x7's
302578.jpg

310661.jpg

Rite guys well i can tell you from personal experence that I WOULD NOT buy another set of randars . The 5 spoke copy of the original radar i had on my bus were to be Technical about it SHITE

They wouldnt fit an early bay i had to have special rear studs made to go from M14x1.5 which is standars Eb wheel bolt size to M12 cus the randars were made for early bugs and splits . also i hade to shave a shoulder on the front calipers of my Csp kit then have a 6mm spacer made to clear the centre hub .........The rear hubs had to have the snout machined on them and 20mm removed from the length of the driveshafts too

Then to top it off with even after keeping them covered with loads of WD40 the single plate american chrome lasted a year at best before it pitted beyond repair.

Finally the DSRs above are on a early split deluxe owned by a mate called John James from Uttoxter in staffs and the cost .........£ 1500 but i think this included shipping too

But the chrome is outstanding cus its German . I doubt you would get such quality from the USA stuff :roll: :roll: :roll:

Gadget

Rexer said:
easy said:
i think i spotted an early bay with these wheels at run to the sun a few years ago, i could be wrong.... il try to dig out a pic, if i remember right it was light blue/ beige and had loads of cool accesories fitted.

Nick

Hmm that sounds familar :wink: Nah not me buds i had the other Randars on and Never again

Gadget

Gadget Boy said:
Rite guys well i can tell you from personal experence that I WOULD NOT buy another set of randars . The 5 spoke copy of the original radar i had on my bus were to be Technical about it SHITE

They wouldnt fit an early bay i had to have special rear studs made to go from M14x1.5 which is standars Eb wheel bolt size to M12 cus the randars were made for early bugs and splits . also i hade to shave a shoulder on the front calipers of my Csp kit then have a 6mm spacer made to clear the centre hub .........The rear hubs had to have the snout machined on them and 20mm removed from the length of the driveshafts too

Then to top it off with even after keeping them covered with loads of WD40 the single plate american chrome lasted a year at best before it pitted beyond repair.

Finally the DSRs above are on a early split deluxe owned by a mate called John James from Uttoxter in staffs and the cost .........£ 1500 but i think this included shipping too

But the chrome is outstanding cus its German . I doubt you would get such quality from the USA stuff :roll: :roll: :roll:

Gadget

So DSR's it is. Was there any problem fitting them?

Nice one Gadget for the info.

:wink: So to Germany we go! sounding good, anyone up for a road trip?! :D 8)

EgoTrippin' said:
The front end of your westy looked awesome in the workshop when I saw it Tim. This bus will blow everyone away when they see it :!:

wouldn't go quite that far but i'm pretty happy with how it's looking right now :)

hopefully have the reg number by early next week ready for the Euro trip

Aaron is that Wittering as in a couple of miles from Stamford?

Latest posts