Where do I start? Interior tips pls :-D

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merlydog

Reaction score
:D
Hey all,
Just looking for a little direction regarding my interior. I currently have nothing but a R&R bed in the rear, minimalist is key for me ;) .. However, it would be nice to have the option of sitting at a table for the odd cream tea & triangle sandwich :D .. So was going to look at putting a fold down table with a single fold down seat behind the driver (LHD)..
Does anyone know where I might start Pls, piccys would be nice but any pointers appreciated.. :p
Thank you..

my advice would be

1. how many people does the back have to seat?

2.am i going to cook in the back?

3. stock or home made

4.budget

5. how many sleeping

i think a devon would be cool , with swing out cooker if you can get one

regads
chris

Hi Chris, I'm no serious camper, more into glamping myself :lol: , no more than a few nights here & there, with little to no cooking in the van. A mini calor can to boil water on will be about the sum of it :-D.. Sleeping is two adults two dogs.. Budget, well, whatever it costs, without any craziness of course :)..
I'm just looking for somewhere to be able to sit & chill (with a beer preferably :)) & stash a few bits when stationary..

hi

how does rear overhead locker and cab bunk (dogs can sleep on that or great place to stash stuff quickerly)that should be enough, that would quite descret and miminimalistic tooand you can get a load of stuff in the overhead

hope this helps

chris

Sounds like a top idea Chris, I like the overhead lockers, anyone on here make them do u know? I'm after a fold down table as well & wondered exactly how I might fit one? I'm assuming they have hinges etc but what do they attach to??

Hi!

How about microbus seats with Z hinges, more space, and seats fold flat for bed. You can use use the space under the seats for storage in wicker baskets, or nice retro suitcase. Use a westy type fold down table. Devon fold out cooker, or the one that flips under the passenger seat? You can then sell the rock n roll bed, it may be worth more than the seats, though not sure on the current prices... You don't need a sink, and a thermo electric cool box off the 12V, or a split charge system running mains via a zig unit, may be handy, otherwise a inverter would suffice?

Cheers!

Alistair

Im in a similar situation myself ill be following this thread :) is there a thread on here with all the different interiors styles?

David Eccles book is a very good place to start and get ideas. The one which shows all of the different conversions made (can't remember the name - you could pm him). You can then go for the bits you like.

Latest posts