Where we all gone?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since getting the bus back after those two years of renovation from stripped down/shot blasted to bare metal to eventual ‘you little beauty’ status? Been driving her regularly out and about my local area (West Wales). Use her for both travelling to work and popping out for shopping, visiting, days out and chilling. Paul, the renovation guru, is still a great friend, and have been chatting with him and tweaking the bus. He’s done an oil change and worked on the heat exchanger cables (thank goodness). No major work to seek answers here from the members insights and experiences. Still look into this site though. Just don’t put finger tips to the key pads. Today? Been down to the local sands. Ynyslas. Lovely spot about 10 minutes away. My wife took a couple of photies. Need to get to some shows this year. By the way.....Cheers Ozzie. Good to see you rallying the community. Maybe I’ll see a few faces behind the earlybay members’ monikers this year hopefully.

Well thanks for the answers and responses, I’m glad to know we’re still alive and kicking and looking after them lovely little busses. There has been a bit of piss taking over on the LateBay where they refer to us as the ‘Prototype ‘ and they got a picture of the earlybayers as a bunch of old dudes complete with walking sticks etc all sat along a nice wall in the sun. I loves a bit of banter me. :mrgreen: :lol: ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Roll on summer! :mrgreen:

nice one
think everyone's life comes back to there pride n joy it's just working round life to fit dubbin in 😎

I am still here Ozzie😃

I was soooo looking forward for the end of last year, my Bus is in the body shop going through surgery, but the procedure is taking longer than planned🙄
I will start an engine build thread very soon, hope to help all folks and show them how i will build a fully blueprinted engine for my Bus. I just need her to get out of the bodyshop lol🤣🤣

I am going to VW Action, also Big Bang, i like Santa Pod a lot and might be racing my Bug this year if time allows.

I have been a bit naughty lately by hanging a bit with the Mustang guys😱😱 but i will always love our Vdub aircooleds😍😍

Abel

Forums all seem quiet,vzi seems to be just a few people chatting but nothing like it was

Still very much here. Starting a few jobs on the bus this coming weekend. To be honest, getting soft in our old age as me n Vinvan couldn't be bothered freezing our gonads off working on the bus over winter.

and today's dub stoppage fridge freezer packs in......😠
so into savings again apart from ball ache emptying freezer + nipping to in-laws to refereeze goodies... on up side should b a big tea + supper 🤗
just money I wanted to spend on dub 😭

ozziedog said:
Peeps asking where we all is?

Working, working, working like most I guess. Although I keep thinking I should post more on here. :party0021:

Sounds like we’re all getting a little softer as we get older, I’m another one that struggles for motivation when it’s cold and draughty down that garage and it’s warm in the house and even warmer and friendlier in the pub. I’ve been gonna cut the underscreen bit out and might as well bang a new laminated screen in at the same time. It got put on hold because ^^^ and moving the nephew to a new house but that should all be done and dusted for next weekend then I can crack on with it. Years ago I used to work on my CF crewie and my trannies in the road and get underneath and wham that cog box out and slap a new clutch in on an evening in the winter after work , in the snow and sometimes in the rain and never thought too much about it, pull a motor out in the back lane with lead lamps and a tarp then etc etc etc. Times change. I even like the look, no, maybe love the look of these modern Stangs, if I was to be tempted by a brand spanker then it’d would be a Mussss. Stang, without a doubt. An older one might be just as nice or possibly bettererer . But working working working is so time consuming as I know, but when giving it your all, especially at my age, it tends to be not just time consuming but more like strength sapping and that could be why I’m so knackered all the time.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,Roll on summer :mrgreen:

I check in here daily - dont reply to much tho (not like i used to when i had a splitty and was ssvc-ing it up big-styleee)

pulled my 70 deluxe out the garage last weekend - engine fired up after two turns of the key. think I've got an indicator/wiring issue to fix before my first spin of the year. planning to do some weekend pootling around norfolk's finest camp-fire friendly sites this summer... cant wait :)

That’s gonna be much less of a moot point I reckons. We’re not far from total ban of fireplaces at camp sites in the very very near future, hopefully not all, just can’t beat a nice campfire. I’ve got a three foot by two foot ally checker plate to go under my fire pit and I keep it under my rear bed cushion, this stops a lot of potential burning. The big old negative nowadays is the fallout from fires especially the wood/ crap burning type.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, come on summer,, nearly there :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
We’re not far from total ban of fireplaces at camp sites in the very very near future

is there any truth in this rumor - i thought it was just internet click-bait!?
will be a shame if camp fires get banned as ya dont quite get the same warm glow sat around some fairy lights!

thejinx said:
Didn’t the Just Kampers forum go the same way?

Exactly. I always thought it was a bit sad when that de mobbed. At the end of the day it may have set the first initial precedent. Maybe we’re all doomed in a netty sort of way. The lates are a bit busier than here but that is most probably because there were a heck of a lot more of them made in the firstest place. Might be a shame as there is a mahoosives stock pile of information right here that if left untended would eventually just disappear into the virtual nuffinkness that it did came from.

Ozziedog,',,,,,,,, back to reality and summer looming :mrgreen:

We've just got out there today after a winter hiatus. Trying to fix the dash vents as the previous owners stuck some big ugly speakers there instead. They've just away the recess that the vents sit in so we're having to get creative.

Got a weekend planned for the end of March as long as we don't get some surprise snow! Looking forward to getting back out there again in Fanny for the start of hopefully more adventures. Been a tough few months for us and Fanny gives us some much needed respite from life's little challenges!
9a2912e23c29724cf73213627a0cd139.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Vent's do look better than speakers, my po had small ones hiding in the tubes. :shock: :shock: No air flow.
Removed and fixed heating vent tubes.
I believe you can buy a repair kit for the sponge section of the dash to fill those holes.

Winter is never the a good a time,as said bring on the summer.
Enjoy for all it's worth.

J & P
:D :D :D

Latest posts