Which accelerator cable?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AxlFoley

Reaction score
I have a LHD bay with an 1600cc SP and an alternator and single carb, the carb has a spacer that's about 1" tall to allow it to clear the alternator, the issue is that when I bought an accelerator cable it was too short, I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if so what cable did you buy?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I had the same issue, bought the correct teatime from vwh and it was waaaaay too short ( '72 X-over with 1500sp) so had to order a universal one from Gsf and cut to fit :evil:

any modifications will lead to the stock cables not fitting.

I always recommend anyone with a modified carb situation be it twin carb or raised single carb go to the following cable:

https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/AC7214863/universal-throttle-cable-kit-fit-all-aircooled-models-15ft/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its a big benefit over a stock carb as its a heavier duty stranded cable so will last longer anyway.

Hope that helps.

I had s similar setup and the same problem.
1600 SP, single carb, spacer, alternator, broken accelerator cable.

I bought the 1970 RHD accelerator cable, which was a bit short.

So I tried without the carb spacer.
It's a Brosol H30 and the accelerator pump mechanism on the right side *just* clears the alternator body.
I was prepared to grind the alternator a bit, but no need.

Might be worth a try if you didn't buy the "right" cable yet?

Thanks for the link Alex, I bought one of those. Well two actually, one spare ;) nice job for the weekend.

Latest posts