Which exhaust?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mister

Reaction score
This is mine

4719ad10.jpg

Not really seen any other buses with one, I guess its off a bug?

It was on my bus when it was imported from the states. It seems to do its job fine as the bus goes well, but its starting to look a little tired.

I have a stock 1600TP, what would you guys recommend as a replacement?....I have no idea!

Don't mind spending a bit more for something better if you know what I mean.

Cheers, Andrew

http://www.vintagespeed.co.uk/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=27&Itemid=&vmcchk=1&Itemid=119" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bit pricey but I've only heard good things about them. Still pondering it myself against just going back to a stainless stock system..

Cheers people

@Reborn bay Man
hey yea snap! nice looking bus

@Merlydog
Those are really nice

Has anybody got any experience of fitting the vintagespeed exhausts, are they worth the money?

Which one would be best for a 1600tp?

Any other suggestions?

Thank you, Andrew

I've got one fitted to my stock (except for Dell 36's) engine. I have this one http://www.vintagespeed.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=garden_flypage.tpl&product_id=128&category_id=27&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=119&vmcchk=1&Itemid=119" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but asked them to re-position the tailpipe to clear my overriders.

I get great clearance as mine is a bit low, and love the sound which is a bit deeper than stock but not obtrusively loud :D

Well worth the money for me.

P3064305.jpg

I love my VS exhaust. At the moment I'm running a stock 1584 save for a pair of 34ICT's and a Pertronix set up.
Worth ever penny IMHO.

Hi
Laurie Pettitt reccomends Vintage Speed exhuasts so that's good enough for me! I've just got one - It's sitting in a box while I await the genuine heat exchangers I've just bought on ebay. I'm sure it will be really good - I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Cheers

Simon

Thank you for your responses people. it seems the vintagespeed has a great following!

@mr scoops love you crusty back bumper!

can anyone tell from my original photo what my current set up is?

Had a vintage speed on my split for 2 years now (1776 with 34ict's)...absolutely excellent exhaust...good sound but quiet and fantastic build quality

mister said:
can anyone tell from my original photo what my current set up is?

Looks like a beetle one to me. A few on here run beetle exhaust with two bay tailpipes attached to keep the fumes away from the rear hatch :)

Thanks Dude!
My wife hates it! :D
It'll soon be wearing some tatty deluxe trim when I profile the over-riders to sit on top.

mister said:
Cheers people

@Reborn bay Man
hey yea snap! nice looking bus

@Merlydog
Those are really nice

Has anybody got any experience of fitting the vintagespeed exhausts, are they worth the money?

Which one would be best for a 1600tp?

Any other suggestions?

Thank you, Andrew

Thanks for comments Andrew.

On our exhaust the right hand side exhaust tip is longer than the left, explain that.. :lol:

Getting my new engine in a few weeks, and Im having a vintage speed on it. Cant wait. The build quality on these is absolutely outstanding. Ive never seen another aftermarket exhaust that comes close.

Andrew,
That's a standard beetle exhaust you have there, just the same as I fitted to my bus a while back!

I seem to recall hearing that performance wise they are actually quite efficient, backed up by Okrasa (I think) using standard exhausts on some quite hot modified engines...... ;)

Pete B said:
Andrew,
That's a standard beetle exhaust you have there, just the same as I fitted to my bus a while back!

I seem to recall hearing that performance wise they are actually quite efficient, backed up by Okrasa (I think) using standard exhausts on some quite hot modified engines...... ;)

Cheers Pete, this was what I suspected but wasn't sure, it does go pretty good too!

Latest posts