Which window winders you all using guys pls?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merlydog

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering what aftermarket or even og window winders are you all using please? I ask as I spent over £30 quid on a 'solid' billet chrome pair and having had them on for say 4 month they've broken already! The teeth have all shredded and they've fallen off!! I'm not a fan of the chrome ones with holes in personally so what's the alternatives?
Cheers!!

havent got em myself as i bought the chrome ones with holes in :oops:

A lot use 70s/80s audi volkswagen one that are black plastic with a chrome trim, think thye migh be like deluxe ones and genuine VAG

I have these Deluxe winders.......made by Ford
have got a couple of spare sets
winder1.jpg

80s Ford, but dont tell everyone or the prices will go up ;) Oh they are solid too so wont break

Picture390.jpg

Just

Harlequin said:
winder1.jpg

Oooo, I like them Harlequin.. Are you selling a spare set at all? Don't worry I won't tell anyone folks :lol: ;)

70`s ford granada or vw polo from gsf...the ones with the hole in are by far the best avaliable on the vw market though even if they do look bad :mrgreen:

Apparently if you use those chrome ones with the holes in to shut your door they snap in half.
I swapped my remaining one from the passenger side to the drivers side just to check and it snapped too.
Think I should a) buy some decent winders and b) fix my interior door handles to I stop shutting the door with the winders :lol:

Harlequin said:
winder1.jpg

All recieved today Harlequin thank you very much :D Much more sturdy stuff than any of the three other sets I've been through!

I brought a pair of 56 bell crank winders of Slammedresto last month, well nice if you can find them , all chome,..... well solid !

winders.JPG

http://www.fiftysixdelux.com/restocal.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

these won't break! and they look the nuts!

alex4057 said:
winders.JPG

http://www.fiftysixdelux.com/restocal.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NICE!!

35105_10150214620895444_813030443_13665826_8029332_n.jpg

I have broken so many types of winder but these seem to be holding up very well!

alex4057 said:
winders.JPG

I have these and they are really good quality and feel and work great :D

Thanks for the link...just brought them and fitted on....very nice top quality product!

ProfessorWheeto said:
sparkywig said:
These, from a beetle I think. Been OK for the last year or so...

004-2.jpg

Got me a pair of these today for nowt :) No more crappy gsf winders for me!

Looking good professor :D Got mine on today too!! :D Not free, but worth every penny!!

b59d9196.jpg

Latest posts