who on here......

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
john the horse said:
trebor said:
I would like one with a bit of patina and no rust but the other half she's a bit posh and likes shiny, sparkling, expensive things :?

ive got a rusty patina " expensive thing"

jth

Nice one :D it looks the part for sure 8)

So far I've used it in all weather and my bus is living on my drive while we empty our garage out.

Unless it has no paint, concours condition or is a rusty old hulk why wouldn't you use it everyday?

Des

Couldn't own a show winner. Would be petrified of scratching or damaging anything. Love that my bus is original paint, scabs and all. I've even added my own dent :lol:
Up until recently she was used daily and once I get the windows fixed will be again.

Good question. I'm not one for shiny things. Just means I have to pamper and protect them like a newborn. My bus is old, shows it well and is still full of life ... just like me :D

Im in the shiney shiney camp. Still use the bus as intended tho as and when I get the opportunity. Just have to be that little more thoughtful and careful about things, as you would in your own home of course. ;)
Saying that....I've dented my bus, scratched my bus (stupid road cones!) even dirtied the interior.
Still here to tell the tale. :D

You may think I'd worry more, but I know there are patina owners out there more anal than concours winners about there pride and joys!
And rightly so!
Just because its shiney it doesnt mean it doesnt get used just the same. Only probable difference being it gets garaged when not in use instead of being left kerbside in all weathers.

-------------------------------

Own a Bay?.....Feel the love!!

I am also in the shiny camp, but its does not mean it does not get used in all weathers, for me a thorough cleaning regime is the answer.

What does Pi## me off is people who have no respect for other peoples property & open car doors, drag shopping trolleys along the side of cars etc.

But I am the same with my daily driver, I park with care & consideration & hope others do the same, my bus has had parking knocks, dings & scratches, but that will not stop me using it, it will be heading down to Cornwall over christmas for the third consecutive year, just gets a good clean on return, none of our buses are what can be described as "Cheap", we just have to maintain them to keep them going :)

CornwallChristmas2012-3_zpsa6939c51.jpg

Mr Brightside said:
I am also in the shiny camp, but its does not mean it does not get used in all weathers, for me a thorough cleaning regime is the answer.

What does Pi## me off is people who have no respect for other peoples property & open car doors, drag shopping trolleys along the side of cars etc.

But I am the same with my daily driver, I park with care & consideration & hope others do the same, my bus has had parking knocks, dings & scratches, but that will not stop me using it, it will be heading down to Cornwall over christmas for the third consecutive year, just gets a good clean on return, none of our buses are what can be described as "Cheap", we just have to maintain them to keep them going :)

In exactly the same camp .... and so totally agree with the lack of care and respect comments - but for the first time in three years mine is not going away for Christmas camping, but I have a sneaky suspicion it will still be used over this period for removal and general humping duties. The body work is pretty well set up with clever nano cleaning products from Gtechniq so its good in all weathers. Still kick myself when I ding the door though :(

My bus was used as a daily for awhile and I didn't mind the dirt/rain dings etc

the only reason I decided to buy a runaround was the salt - I just figured unless I was going to jet wash everyweek up on lorry type ramps then it'd rust out before my eyes?

other than that with a working heater and such it encourages you to keep the timing and brakes tip top, little things like the right idle speed - stuff like that

Clem said:
Mines a used bus and though not original paint, it shows a body and interior that's full of character*

* dents, US respray and lots of dings

That said, I look after it to the best of my ability, so I guess I'm in both camps?

Yep. 8)

Polish the fook out of mine and use it. I have a 5 year old and another on the way, duznt mean you cant have the best of both..... ask Creationblue/Mycha
There buses are awesome and a family trekkers as is Mikes and a lot of guys on here, Duznt mean your a fanny with it!! 8)

Just looking after something that means a lot to us. :D

My bus gets used for camping and day-trips, and just for the fun of it aimless excursions, but has also done runs to the tip, Sainsburys etc etc

It has it fair share of dents and blemishes but I keep it well polished.... because I enjoy keeping it that way, as I do my car.

Worrying about scratches, mud, dog, children and the like would, for me, detract from the pleasure of ownership .

My 9 seater deluxe micro bus is used all the time for all types of jobs from weddings to the rubbish tip run, he serves me well and never lets me down. Although its not a show winning bus i love it to bits and although it has had the odd knock from other car doors in car parks i don't like it when it happens. I'd be lost without it.

I did have a bus once that was restored completely and to be honest i was always on edge where ever I parked it and could never settle even when doing the shopping I miss the bus but not the stress.

Latest posts