Wide 5 69 Bay rear disc and sharan wheels?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whathaveidone

Reaction score
Hi
New here so go easy!
Really bleary eyed and brain addled going from link to link forum to forum... so can you give advise and poss provide links to these questions if already on this site....

I have 69 shell and many parts!.... wide5 wheels hubs etc....
But i have purchased a secondhand red5 coilover front end with 112 pcd hubs disc etc...
i also have been given a set of sharan/galaxy 16" alloys and 205/55 tyres with 112 pcd ixing etc... so would like to move over to them.

I would like to replace the rear early drums/hubs etc (which apparently are becoming like hens teeth) and converting to rear disc's AS CHEAPLY (Cost effectively!) as possible....! I can get engineering brackets etc done through a friend of a friend

I believe that apart from Porsche, my best option would be either VW MK4 golf rear calipers and sharan discs or Merc 190 discs and astra mk4? calipers etc? any detailed plans /dimension etc ,any other easy options? i know someone in breakers yard

But what about my rear hubs combined drums? can i fit late hubs straight on in replacement or ?

Thanks for any help
D

I have this kit on my bus, works really well, I think he does a 5x130 and a 5x112 kit now

http://futbus.com/Brake-conversion-kits/71-onwards-Bay-rear-disc-kit.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you may have to get hold of a rear hub from a later bus though.

I've had a rear disc kit made up for me (5*112) which I'll be selling as going to fit Porsche wheels instead.

Cost me £425 including machining, and buying new discs, as new caliprs (1k miles old) and second hand rear late bay hubs. It is up for sale currently for the same money or less if you have a decent pair of rear bay hubs to exchange.

Food for thought, but that should be your budget

Hi thanks for the reply... sounds interesting
Can you post some pics?
What disc's and calipers are they from originally?
Why would you prefer new hubs in exchange? did you have to have the old ones machined smaller to fit on the disc? They didn't get welded or anything did they?
Will i have to buy shorter (late bay) rear spline axle shafts (whatever their tech name is?) to get this to fit?
Many thanks
D

Latest posts