• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wtd : Bit that goes from Heater Riser to Vents + Wiper Nuts

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jp

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has the bit that connects to the top of the heater riser and goes to the dash... my bus doesn't actually have one so I can only imagine what it looks like and I've been unable to find any pics of this part.

I'm also after some spindle nuts for my wipers which seem to have a non metric thread.

If anyone has any of the above going spare (or even a pic would be interesting) please give me a shout

Cheers

How's this...
heater_riser_top01.jpg

...I might even have one, which parts do you need?

:)

That plastic bit looks the part.

I have the metal todem bit just lacking plastic bit in your photo that I assume connects to the holes(vents) on the dash top. It's an early bay btw which I believe are quite different dash top wise.

If you do have one could you let me know how much you want for it posted to Bristol.

Cheers for the pic

i have the parts you need have all the plastic heater parts a box full you can have the lot for £12 posted

68bay said:
i have the parts you need have all the plastic heater parts a box full you can have the lot for £12 posted

Sounds good to me PM me how you want payment... don't spose you got a pair of nuts have you? wiper spindle ones that is :mrgreen:

Cheers

moler said:

[picks self up off floor] How much for a nut ! are they sure they are stainless and not Gold. Anyone know what type of thread is used on these spindles? I'd rather make some nuts than pay this much.

Cheers for the link

Didn't take any notice of the price TBH :shock: the chrome ones are little more!!

I'm pretty certain it's an M6 nut/thread. I'm puzzled as to why yours aren't metric.
Yes, the price of nuts above is crazy when you consider that in the Screwfix catalogue you can buy a pack of 100 stainless M6 dome nuts for £16.09 inc VAT!

vwed said:
I'm pretty certain it's an M6 nut/thread. I'm puzzled as to why yours aren't metric.
Yes, the price of nuts above is crazy when you consider that in the Screwfix catalogue you can buy a pack of 100 stainless M6 dome nuts for £16.09 inc VAT!

I've tried metric ones on my original early motor/spindles and on the late bay motor/spindles I have now fitted to no avail. Annoying thing is I'm sure I have the originals somewhere but I'm paying the price for lack of organisation when stripping the bus down 4 years ago :(

Here is what I had where the totem/ vents bit I'm after should be, I now have a much neater solution under the floor that connects to the bottom of the totem

8.jpg

Latest posts