Yellow headlights and overriders

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevec

Reaction score
Hi

I've got two questions that I need help with, first yellow headlights...are they legal??

Secondly with over riders are they left and right hand or can they go either side??

Thank you

Sparkywig just out of interest have you got them and have you ever been stopped? I've googled it and it seems that even the police are not 100% and people have been fined :shock:

From memory yes you can have yellow head lamps, you just not allowed red or flashing blue and green.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/regulation/11/made" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have lifted this from VOSA mot Manuel hopefully I have understood it correctly, I think you can run yellow headlamps as long the position and headlamp are yellow.

shows a light other than red to the rear and white to the front (or yellow if a front position lamp is incorporated in a yellow headlamp)

68_early_bay said:
They are legal

Schedule 5
Item 7

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/schedule/5/made" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D

I was just editing my post and you beat me to it

*Sam* said:
Just wish I could bag some lucas yellow deflectors

Just fitted my nos hella lense tonight :msn4:

1dd737939ce1b146ced46e31bb4a3396.jpg

bbd7990e24c559e34fc8aa4a3bee9568.jpg

8)

I will give that a go sparky although I was searching under lucas yellow 7".

did you get them on e-bay ?

I picked my Lucas lense covers up for £20 :shock: :shock: :shock: Bargain.

Sparky is right. Look outside the box ;)

Not been stopped yet. But then again I only fitted them after blowing up my engine again. LOL

I take my lenses off for the MOT just in case.
They look great but on unlit roads at night they are pretty useless for seeing where you are going :(

Latest posts