You got to love a white Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very very nice, love the trip & the van!

How do you like these 175/65 on the front? I have 175/55 right now and I thin they are too low profile and small.. You think they could work with a standard width beam?

roland said:
Very very nice, love the trip & the van!

How do you like these 175/65 on the front? I have 175/55 right now and I thin they are too low profile and small.. You think they could work with a standard width beam?

THANKS.

I narrowed my beam so i can run these (high)profile tires (save and comfortable on long holiday trips) and have some up and down travel 8) my tire falls before the inner arch bump (hope you understand what i mean). I think you can run these tires but maybe you have to rise the van some (or use very stiff shocks)??? I like the breath of the 175 nice handling and good steering. Low profile is good to get the van low but not so good if you want comfort :msn4:

Greetings mycha

Airtime said:
Very, very nice photo's Mycha! Looks like the 2 of you are having a wonderfull honeymoon! 8)
CU!

Hey Airtime,

The trip is great, Westy gets a lot of attention over here :p
Now were are waiting in the harbor of Svolvaer (internet and coffee ;) ) to go on a three day trip through the „Lofoten” (Hurtigruten), so Westy can have a break :lol:.

Seeya mycha

vct2 forum is still out of order?

Freezzr said:
Hoi Mycha! What size of tyre are you running at the back?

Are you going to the VW Bugshow Spa this year?

Hey,

195/65/15 at the back and 175/65/15 in front and yes i’m trying/willing to go to Spa.
Did you convert your bay already to an original beam or are you driving the 4”?
I so some photo’s on your „blog” it looks very low :D

Greetings Mycha

Hoi Mycha,

Thanks! I still drive on the 4" narrowed beam. I've installed some coilover shocks with which I've managed to put the front some cm's upwards. I've almost got the forward rake out of it (I don't like the extreme rake look) and the suspension is a lot better now. Plans are to change everything this winter... maybe back to a 2" narrowed (needle bearings :!: ) OG front beam with the dropped spindles (so a bit up into the air :) ) or a complete conversion to airride... time and money will tell...

I'm going to change some tyres too, I don't like the idea at all of my heavy camper on the current, far too low, loadindex tyres...

Maybe we could meet at Spa? I would really like to see your air-suspension...

GAS-bus said:
Hi Mycha,

your westy looks so good.
And some very nice pictures you took.

Greetz
Wim

Hey Wim,

How’s your bus, any progress? Did you like the inner bushings?
Hope to speak -up at Spa of DDD8 ;).
Greetings

surfbus said:
Yes Micha, the VCT2-forum is still out of order! :(

That’s a same :( i will post photo’s here and update vct when it’s working :D
Greetings

Freezzr said:
Hoi Mycha,

Thanks! I still drive on the 4" narrowed beam. I've installed some coilover shocks with which I've managed to put the front some cm's upwards. I've almost got the forward rake out of it (I don't like the extreme rake look) and the suspension is a lot better now. Plans are to change everything this winter... maybe back to a 2" narrowed (needle bearings :!: ) OG front beam with the dropped spindles (so a bit up into the air :) ) or a complete conversion to airride... time and money will tell...

I'm going to change some tyres too, I don't like the idea at all of my heavy camper on the current, far too low, loadindex tyres...

Maybe we could meet at Spa? I would really like to see your air-suspension...

Will keep in contact and meet at Spa ;), the air-schoks work great LOVE THEM :mrgreen:
I no what you mean with the low loadindex, for show cruising not a problem but on a trip some where in Europe not a good idea......... The gasburners are my holiday-set..... for show and around town cruising i’m having another set.........Spa??? :msn4:
Greetings,

So were off the boot, nice trip on the boot through the ‚lofoten', man that was cool.
Yesterday we (Westy :lol: ) did the ‚Trollstigen and the Geiranger” that was tuff.............. 10% and up to 1000meter high.......
The Trollstigen was cloudy but when we arrived at the Geiranger the sun was sinning and still is :D.
We parked Westy on a camping with view on a lake and mountain tops with snow.........damn i’m a happy man :p.
So far a trip with no big problems....... a little work to do when i come home:

Clean the undercarriage :oops: :mrgreen:
Looking for the vacuum leak that’s there is and sometimes my stationer is not good;
Put on some adjustable rear springs, sometimes hitting the chassis with my running gear :oops: (it’s looded-up to big or to low!!! :eek: )
Maybe chancing my gearbox...... it’s making weird noises.

Here are some photo’s to get the feeling we have. Tomorrow where off to Oslo for a two day city trip and than back home.
Greetings fron norway Mycha

P1010667.jpg

Westy with a little water fall
P1010669.jpg

P1010670.jpg

Geiranger
P1010675.jpg

Westy meets a 15window norway Splity
P1010681.jpg

Frozen lake in the mountain tops
P1010645.jpg

Trondheim Cityview
P1010655.jpg

Hey,

Your bus is amazing. This may sound weird, but i love the look of a clean underside of the bus. those pics of the white underside and black rear springplates and arms, and the braided hoses.

some quality pics on the road too. You have just justified my desire to go to Scandanavia

NaFe

So where back from a great weekend spa2010. Nice to see some early bay’s from England, nice ride’s.
Greetings mycha

P1010798.jpg

P1010800.jpg

P1010784.jpg

Latest posts