You got to love a white Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
radish said:
Hello Mycha

I would expect you have taken your measurements already, but i had trouble with the steering rack due to K&L. Because the bottom tube is higher up the rod wouldn't pass straight through the beam, hopefully the 3.5cm lift will make the rod pass under the beam.

Darius

Hey Darius,

I know what you mean watching your photo's :msn4:, will notch the chassisrail or push the rod under the beam....will see!! ;)
Is yours already driving again?

Greetz mycha

It goes in and out of my garage!! i haven't time to refit the T25 box, i mounted it too high and the brake pedal just hits the uj so understandably i don't wont to drive it. Christmas break is coming so i am going to do it then.

My 71 sporting some OG plaid. Got $50 in all of them. I put them up for inspiration and will pull them out for the funky green project. I'll keep you posted.
2014-12-24_11-57-14_622_zps09f5351b.jpg
2014-12-24_11-25-52_177_zps6d25bc0b.jpg
2014-12-24_15-55-48_173_zps83ba8a02.jpg

So after some house-work (new bathroom) i had some time for Westy.
Started on the rear tubs, to get an idea i made a mold. Now the mold fits, it's time to make two steal versions :).
I'm no metalworker (i sell houses for a living :p ) but will give it a try 8)

Greetings from Holland, mycha

Had some time this weekend to prepare the metal for the rear tubs, tomorrow will go to a friend for bead rolling and some curving the metal. First try for everything, will see if it works out :p

Greetz Mycha

Hi Mycha!
I like your attention to the detail! Go on like this! :)
How will you fix the problem with the gastank and the rear tubs?
Cheers
Reto

Aircooler said:
Hi Mycha!
I like your attention to the detail! Go on like this! :)
How will you fix the problem with the gastank and the rear tubs?
Cheers
Reto

Thanks, you are also good with the details ;) like your project ;)

There is some space above the tub and the westy closet, have a idea how to make it work :D will see if it works!!!
Greetz mycha

As said time and time again, nice work. I was wondering the same about the gas filler. I'm sure with you're talent and vision it'll be awesome. Keep up the great work and the posts coming.

A friend of mine is working on the hybride gearbox.
002 box, weddle 4.57 crown & pinion, Gene Berg 600 with beetle shifters and splitbus nose cone, super diff. Will be one cool gearbox :p

Latest posts