Your Early Bay Picture of the Day .....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took this pic for some of you boys as I don't think you have trucks like this in your neck of the woods. The are Called "B" Doubles and I don't know how much weight they carry but on the highway between Sydney and Melbourne they go past at about one every 30 seconds all doing 100-100km/h. The prime movers have 450bhp motors on average.
And sorry again, more blue skies.
OldBar07100.jpg

OldBar07097.jpg

The "schwimwagens" on this had just returned from Iraq and were being transported to an Army palce to be refurbished. I met up with the driver at a roadside stop and he was giving me the third degree on my van so I exchanged a bit of goss with him. One of them had been shot to bits, had holes all over the front section. The steel was about 1/2 an inch thick, I wouldn't have wanted to be on board when all that happened.
OldBar07106.jpg

We have those trucks over here :wink:

Well they all look that big to me and seem to be doing 100Kph plus :D

I'm in Germany at the mo and we too are having blue skys :lol:

Taken a couple of weeks ago :wink: not my pic but a doood from The Old Volks Clubs, willi76 surveying the accident up ahead!

UltraVW2.jpg

If the Waterloo & City line had trains like these I'd be much happier in the mornings :)

415880631_d88aee105e.jpg

Anybody fancy baywindowising it :)

tempest098.jpg

Taken on the Tempest Rally over the weekend, spotted this old MOD bridge nearby and couldn't resist a quick snap :oops:

Some lost and found R.I.P earlies from the forrests of eastern Finland.

From my VW clubs web page http://dwl.fi/

raadot%20007.jpg

raadot%20013.jpg

raadot%20015.jpg

raadot%20018.jpg

P0002540.jpg

antin%20raadot%20014.jpg

antin%20raadot%20012.jpg

This one I spotted in Texas in '99

backyard3.jpg

-tipi- said:
Some lost and found R.I.P earlies from the forrests of eastern Finland.

:shock:

They are not, surely, beyond saving :cry:

Perhaps we should club together and get them shipped over to the UK to be plundered or even saved? :?

gninnam said:

Atleast those single and double cabs I'd like to save. But I'm afraid they're already pressed into very smal cubes and send to China, as those pics are about 3-5 years old.

-tipi- said:
gninnam said:

Atleast those single and double cabs I'd like to save. But I'm afraid they're already pressed into very smal cubes and send to China, as those pics are about 3-5 years old.

Evil :evil:
Should not be allowed :twisted:

Latest posts