• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Z HINGES WANTED PUT YOUR NAME DOWN HERE

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will I need any of the existing seat bolting fixtures?

I don't have any (of the clamps for the back seat) in my van.

We will be making the clamps that will hold the rear seat in the upright postion other wise you woulnd have to unscrew the back rest everytime you wanted to make it a bed and also this will allow to adjust the seat incline!

It will look liek a hook with a thread i think!

Dave

No you shouldnt, as the tubing element thats clamped to the floor is now clamped into the ski affair....if there the bits your thinking of..
looking good....

Cheers guys! What I was meaning, is that my rear seat is currently held in place like this:

CIMG7075.jpg

:shock:

Doesn't see any use though! I'm waiting on the hinges to be able to secure it properly :)

Oh right

No the new plate is bolted to the floor then the seat is clipped into the new hinges

how do you plan on fixing the seat tubes into the hinge "skis" as the original at the begining is secured with what looks to be jubilees?

You got it mate just planning on using Jubilees as its flexible if you want to take the hinges off and there pretty secure.

Hmmm....

may change that on mine I'm thinking weld in a pair of studs into the bottom of each ski and drill the seat tubes and secure with wing nuts....

Good idea though dude i suppose you'd have to geet a pretty flat head on the nut thou or it will raise the ski section off the plate!

Nah weld the studs into the ski drill the seat rails so the seat slides onto the studs and into the skis and clamp down, the ski section will still sit flat to the bottom plate, just need "concave rail side flat wing nut side" spacers ....

Your prob right the problem we have at the minute is trying to keep the cost down and the less work the guys making them have to do the cheaper the design but i guess how people wnat ot make the design better for themselves is cool.

Shame we cant get so many hundred sets amde we'd get them well cheap!

to be honest if you were to get a set on display at a show you may well be able to gain a lot of interest at a higher markup......

you just need to get a set ready :lol:

your not wrong mate we're on our 4th place now but i've got faith in thios guy should have set one in a week or two then get em fitted in me van and off to a few shows i recon!

Araon said:
Nah weld the studs into the ski drill the seat rails so the seat slides onto the studs and into the skis and clamp down, the ski section will still sit flat to the bottom plate, just need "concave rail side flat wing nut side" spacers ....

I'd agree with this ^^

I wouldn't think many people would be too confident in trusting a couple of jubilee clips to hold it in place.

Surely Aarons Mod would involve only drilling 4 holes in the seat base - and 2 extra nuts welded to the ski section?

yer your prob right dude i can put the holes in the ski plate and i guess folk can make their own mind up which way they want to go?

Would it need holes in the ski plate?

I'm not 100% sure how it'd work, I was envisaging a nut welded to the top of the skid plate. I'd be able to do that myself, but some people are less hands on.

I don't know exactly what Aaron was proposing, he probably has a good idea of it :)

if you welded nuts onto the ski plate then the overall height/geometry of the seat would alter, instead I was proposing M8 threaded bar(stud) welded into the ski drill the seat bottom rail and slide the bench vetically down over the threads securing with nuts on the top..... that way you maintain all the geometry and again its an easy home mod....

Similar to what I was envisaging, but easier.

Sounds good to me, assuming the threaded bar would be strong enough when welded in position. How many threaded bar sections do you reckon would be needed Aaron?

Even if they don't come done like that, I'd do it to mine :)

Latest posts