• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Z HINGES WANTED PUT YOUR NAME DOWN HERE

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was envisaging two per rail to be enough, the strength is down to the welding quality, the other way I suppose would be to run a seam weld down the rail and ski if your happy to keep the hinges as a permanent fixture....

I went over on Friday and although he hadn't completed them i did see the first 2 components completed on his table so were making progress.

He promised me this week and he's pretty much there so with any luck we should have some pics up soon

I was wondering is the ski-plates even needed, if Z-is bolted to original seat tube, using for example horizontal M8 bolt as a hinge pin.

Why is the back rest hinge base a little bit elevated? Is there something on the foor it will interfere with? I mean, could that step be avoided with simplified design?

I wonder if anyone understands what I mean, as it's quite hard to explain without pic's...

Yer i know what you mean mate i've had a look and i cant see why the back plate is slightly elevated but kept it in the design just incase some different models to my van had something there.

For now we'll stick with the original slightly modifiied design and see how it looks etc then possibly make some changes from there i guess

ok had a couple problems with the first set so we've strengthened the design and were good to go

just finishing first set then off to get powdered coated early next week!

Should look good

Would anyone want there sets coated to will be more expensive?

I'd defo consider it if the price was right. The inside of my van is being done in July so hopefully all will come together. Thanks for keeping on with this Dave. top man

I'll ask the metal work guy we've decided to put it all through the books now cos all this on the side stuff just drags on for years!

Has anybody actually slept on this type of arrangement? Just wondering how comfortable it would on the seats as opposed to say the foam of other rock 'n' roll beds.

Cheers

Ian

You'll need a roll out pad or futon as the bench seat folds out to the level of the engine bay cover so it would be a tad hard to sleep on....

hi i've just got these , are they the same things your making ?
12042008194.jpg

12042008195.jpg

Hi ddffrost,

Did you get my pm?

Don't wanna sound like I'm hassling you but I was wondering if you had any news and then I came across this thread again.

Need to get the sleeping arrangements sorted in the Bus and would to know if this option is going to be a goer any time soon.

Would definitely take a set of your hand, preferably uncoated so I can paint them myself.

Thanks

james

Hi,

Its Dave btw i've managed to lock myself out of my account so i've borrowed my brothers account for now so any pm's need to be sent to this username!

Hinges will be ready for Friday (i've hear that before) but were hoping this time its for real.

As soon as they come we will post pics and be fitting them to my van!

As for prices still cant tell you for sure and i can tell you this first set has cost me a fortune so far and many hours of calling metal work people and drawing hinges on CAD.

Will keep everyone updated! I will hopefully be at bus types and big bang showing these off!

Thanks

Dave Frost

Also those pics of the other hinges are not the hinges were making i dont know what they are!

Hi Dave - as I say every few weeks I defo want a set...the inside of my van is being done out in July so its great news that they could nearly be ready. Are you going to Stanford Hall by any chance? You've done a great job keeping with this and deserve to make some money back. Cheers

hello everybody (simpsons quote lol)

Yer still making these first set should be in my bus by this weekend and if they work well then we will go into production of the first 20 sets straight away so i'd say 2 to 3 weeks for the first sets off the press!

First sets are ear marked for the early bay folk!

Yer i will be at as many shows as possible deffo Stanford hall as its only an hour from me.

Cheers

Dave

As for price were still trying to knock the manufactorer down as far as we can but we think its important to make these as good as possible so they will be very strong and powder coated so they wont rust after 5 minutes in the van!

They will be around the £150 - £175 mark we hope

Latest posts