044Heads from Heritage

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_B

Reaction score
Due to my engine overheating I had to replace both the heads on my engine - spent nearly £600 on 2 new heads from Heritage only to find 3 out of the 4 studs that hold the rockers on were too fat and had to be taken out and swapped for the ones in my original heads - took friggin ages to get the fat ones removed and swapped over.

Anyone else come across different sized studs in the heads? Surely they are all a standard size?

Studs seem to be a common thing, i've got DRD racing cnc ported L5's on my new motor and the studs were to short to go through the rocker mounting blocks :roll:

Alex VW Heritage said:
EDIT***

After speaking with the engineers here yes they would love to see the studs.
Thanks

Alex
Ok, I'll drop them in next time I'm down that way - maybe at your next Thursday evening event. They are a little mangled as they took a lot of persuasion to get them out! Thanks.

fyi my scat rockers came with fat studs. and i had to replace the thinner studs that came with my second set of heads. maybe its a performance upgrade thing? my heads are magnum 044s.

oh ps your heads didnt crack did they? seen a few of the over heated engines from the engine builder i got mine from now and they had cracks in the heads too im sure you checked but worth it if not.

six said:
fyi my scat rockers came with fat studs. and i had to replace the thinner studs that came with my second set of heads. maybe its a performance upgrade thing? my heads are magnum 044s.

oh ps your heads didnt crack did they? seen a few of the over heated engines from the engine builder i got mine from now and they had cracks in the heads too im sure you checked but worth it if not.
What was frustrating was the new heads had 3 fat studs and 1 thin, my old heads had 4 thin.

Yes my heads had cracked, ever so slightly between the 2 valves, well 3 out of the 4 had that you could just about see with the naked eye.

Latest posts