123 distributor curves

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dci_Carter

Reaction score
Morning all, does anyone have a 123 distributor fitted? If so can you share the settings you use, I've brought one but runs rough. Refitted original and it's spot on?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Haven’t got a 123 but done a fair bit of research on curves recently. After finding my original had a missing advance spring…
Curve E has a lot of mechanical advance 30 deg…
If you think standard dizzy you would time to 7.5 deg and wouldnt want much more than 31 deg at 3.5k+ Vac disconnected. So want more like 23 -24 deg max.
I would have thought curve 9 would have been a better bet

Elibomrod68 said:
Haven’t got a 123 but done a fair bit of research on curves recently. After finding my original had a missing advance spring…
If you think standard dizzy you would time to 7.5 deg and wouldnt want much more than 31 deg at 3.5k+ Vac disconnected. So want more like 23 -24 deg max.

It was tuned on a rolling road and suits my engine.

Elibomrod68 said:

I’m running #9 on mine. I can only compare it to the 009 dizzy that was on there previous, and it has nicely got rid of the low-RPM hesitation that I used to experience when pulling away. Very happy thus far with it, and it was nice and easy to get it initially running and then set the maximum advance.

Latest posts