1303s gearbox in my bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AxlFoley said:
I made a bit of progress today, well fitted the box and new engine

here is the bracket, I have gone for the spaced with wasers option! any coments appreciated.
2011-03-27153457.jpg

Bottom hole is factory standard, top hole has been cut to clear the new gearbox, and two additional holes have been driled to bolt to the new box, wich has three holes as standard
2011-03-27153504-1.jpg

I'm hoping to finish the wiring on the engine tomorrow and take it for a drive! watch this space...

Have you had a drive in it yet????

not yet, had it running yesterday and got first gear, couldent get reverse, but I think it could be that I need to reset the gear stick, I plan on playing with it this week.

sorry for the slow updates, but its taking me a while :(

Its alive!! I took the bus for a drive esterday, all went well, I have had a few issues getting reverse, but I can get it, I think if I remove a washer, it will move the engine back a bit and help with the shaft sellecting reverse. The van drives well, but at the mo, I only have a 1200 engine in it so as you can imagine its bloody slow!

I'm planning on fitting my monster tacho next to keep an eye on the revs.

I'll order up the extensions now that I know they work.

Awesome news! I'm definitely up for a set of those extensions please :)
And if Oslo makes any proper spacers I'd be up for them too?

Let me know how you want paying for them etc.. Paypal?

AxlFoley said:
Its alive!! I took the bus for a drive esterday, all went well, I have had a few issues getting reverse, but I can get it, I think if I remove a washer, it will move the engine back a bit and help with the shaft sellecting reverse. The van drives well, but at the mo, I only have a 1200 engine in it so as you can imagine its bloody slow!

I'm planning on fitting my monster tacho next to keep an eye on the revs.

I'll order up the extensions now that I know they work.

any update on how it's driving?

I have an update, the van drove well i did quite a few miles, even with the poor 1200 motor fuel consumption was way up, it also changed gear a lot beter, im not sure if this is just due to the old box being worn though?

anyway roll up roll up I have 6 sets of gear selectr shafts and bowden tube extensions available for £10 plus £2 postage.

can the original people that were interested in them please PM me.

be quick before they all go!!!

2011-05-03193609.jpg

Do you have a spare set still or are they all taken?
Not sure what I'm doing with the box yet but at a tenner and with a spare built S box I can see a plan forming... ;)

Ok no worries dude just drop me a pm as I'm
Just getting bits together ready to swap my other box out

Rob

Are there any sets of extenders available?
I'm picking up my 1303s box next week.

I'm picking up another 7 sets of the spacers tonight so if anyone wants any please let me know.

Thanks

Mark

Latest posts