165-50-15 tires

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mychatype3

Reaction score
Hello slammers :msn4:,

Can anybody tell me how they like there 165-50-15 tires?
Is the ride harsh or is it comfortable.........?

At the moment i have 165-65-15 = 10.725cm side wall and the 165-50-15 side wall = 8.25cm
= 2.475cm more space :lol: to go lower.

Greetings mycha

I'm running 175/50's at 40psi. I may drop a few more psi. But 30 was heating the tyres up too much.

With the adjustable dampers set pretty firm I am constantly aware of what road surface I am running on...

That being said, when all the sound deadening, door seals, panels etc are in I recon it'll be just fine. Just nicely 'firm'.

Jim

Thanks, i'm going for it :lol:

I've a set of spare rims (original 912 Porsche wheels witch i'm going to detail like panel wheels, white with gray hubcabs) original with a twist :msn4:

Greetz mycha

I need some new tyres for my stock 15"rims but was unsure whether car tyres will be ok, what tyres are you using/going for?

I'm running 145x65x15 on the front of my split pick up with no problems. On a standard 15" rim. I believe that they are smart car tyres.

The rears got 185x65x15 on the fronts looks like my MG ones. Diddy.

They seem to be going ok went over to France on them a few weeks ago.
I hade quite bad body rub on the fronts, need to sort out the front suspension, lowering job done in the USA and I can't go up :evil:, trying to convince her indoors that the way forward is like Justin did with his red 9front end kit :D

Think I can get away with the tyres cos it's on the pick up, no weight on the front of it not much to the rear.
Don't think I fancy fitting them to the camper with all that weight in it.
Mind you the weight in the pick up is ok till her indoors gets in it. :msn4: shhh don't tell her I said that.

Latest posts