1776 engine build quieries.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slammed said:
Depends who builds it I spose. :lol:
I've got a manual, not a lot of cash, a case of cider and my fingers crossed :roll:

r73 said:
Slammed said:
I've got a manual, not a lot of cash, a case of cider and my fingers crossed :roll:

Sweet, just check everything twice and don't be afraid to ask questions. Good luck. :D

r73 said:
Slammed said:
Might be a good idea to build this BEFORE the cider gets opened :lol:
And when you do build it you can build mine aswell ;) ;)

Been seriously slack, i.ve got the 1300 TP out of the bug and started cleaning it, I,ve de coked the 1500SP ready to go back in the bug - valve stems a bit worn tho, but gonna take a chance i think. almost finished putting together a 1641 lump ready for the bus, fingers crossed

just put crankcase together for our 1903cc lump(1776 with stroker crank) had to rub down camshaft thrusts as new ones to tight(james at stateside said would have to),this is a full race motor so been asembled a few times before final tourqe down.we were stuck for teflon buttons ,ever one was out of stock ,kingfisher customs to the rescue.waiting for cyl heads next ,then the f**k about starts cos got to run in the light weight cam followers with light springs and standard rockers ,then fit the race springs and ratio rockers.got to be done for reliabilaty and longevity.straight cut cam gear was a sod to get on crank (no press)so sat it on brick and warmed it with blow torch .fell on!so next jobs set the deck hieght,crank end float,fit oil pump ,ect,ect :roll:

So, almost a year on, what did people do?

I have all the kit for building my 1776, it's all on the shelf in the garage ready to go, but I've been exploring compression ratios and found this thread.

My current thinking is to keep the CR stock at 7.5:1, but would be interested in any experiences using alternatives to this?

I plan to document the entire build, and start a build thread.

:)

didnt fit the 1903 to the race beep till last sept so we could run it in at test and tunes,lots of teething probs but all sorted now 8) mostly electrics(msd ign)and carbs (sonic cleaning works!)ran back to back 14.25 @91mph,need slicks now as to much power for street treads,cant launch with less revs cos it bogs of the cam.feels like stock hp till 3500rpm then it jumps in :shock: daughter says its still pulling at 7000 8)

Latest posts