1776cc

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scampi

Reaction score
After debate and research i've decided i'm going to do my own build of the above ^^^^^!

Looked into a few designs and specs and just seeing if anyone new of any other good sites except the norm for info.

Or if anyone else could give me help or advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanks chaps :wink:

Big motor - should provide the shove if you are in a hurry :lol:

Go for it my son :wink:

I'[m watching this one :D I've been thinking the same, as your taking the leap can you keep us mere mortals updated? hopefully ill be following shortly after.

A 1776 should be easy enough to build. All the parts are easy to get.

Stay with small valve sizes & flow the heads on a flow bench (£150) It will make a massive difference. Run something like an Engle 100 or Scat C25 cam with a good 69mm counterweighted crank.

It will cost £1000 - £1500 in parts by the time you are done, so make sure you have the cash before you start. Spec the engine up to the same quality of parts throughout, don't splash out one one part & scrimp on another. It will only be as strong as the weekest part.

It might be worth looking to the USA to see what you can get for £1500 delivered (with tax ect.)

Go for it!

Was looking at the Engle 110 for my starting point to be honest.

Crank wise, or head wise i'm not 100%on what I have decided on so i'm just going to take my time and continue reading as with the carbs.

Not going to rush and continue reading really!

All advice though is greatly recieved :wink:

Dude! Have a look at Bruces posts on his 1776, if you need more info PM him, his engine is built up to the best spec and done with an amazing and renound engine builders help.

Its one seriously good engine spec and lots of very neat tricks and processes to get the very best out of the engine. 8) You will be hard pushed to get a better 1776. :D 8) :wink:

Latest posts