1970 Covair Microbus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
baz1875 said:
i seen the bus in the flesh today on the A45 and i must say even at 60mph it looks wicked, nice work.

'Well spotted lol'

we were on the way to brum for a Pret Capachino, yea i know there's other coffee shops but as my partner says men just dont understand lol,

had a picnic with the bus yesterday at Warwick by the river for one of the grankids 3rd birthdays,
new kettle and single cooker ment plenty of cups of tea, need to sort a table out now,

2012-05-26104301.jpg

2012-05-26104314.jpg

2012-05-26104337.jpg

2012-05-26131112.jpg

2012-05-26131052.jpg

getting sound system together hopefully get it all here to fit it next weekend,
dash 7" dvd player, 4 x speakers, electric arial (if it will fit) reverse camera,

finaly got some sounds fitted today, referb speaker housings on front doors with 250w speakers,
made boxes for rear speakers 350w to hide under seat when kick pannel back on,
rear view camera fitted to rear door, electric ariel fitted, (not the best reception)
7" dvd player,

2012-06-04154422.jpg

2012-06-04154439.jpg

2012-06-04154730.jpg

couple of vids

cheers for the comments,

well finaly changed the spark plugs last night (been in since 1994 i think),
greased up front axle, repacked the front o/s wheel bearing as it was a bit noisy (need to change it but not sure if i will have time B4 weekend as of to Salthouse in sunny Norfolk :?
on sat, (not camping parents had a cottage booked for the week but due to illness cant go so were having it instead),

will have to change points at some stage cause there still from 1994 lol

just as a side story if anyones interested a chap called Sam Bishop, (dont think he post's on any forums here) from Esher, Surrey,in a 1972 VW t2 Camper - Powered by a 1965 110hp PG
he's on the Corvair central forum imported a corvair engine with auto box and fitted it at x-mas, is going 7000miles on july 18th off to Western Sahara in his bus, must say i dont think i would lol

but saying that i think he should make it there and back ok with the corvair engine in,

back from a very sunny North Norfolk realy suprised got sunburnt yesterday lol,
lots of T25's few cross overs,more lates, one splitty and loads of T4's/T5's but didnt see any early bays :(

500miles with only problem the charge regulator played up and was pushing in 18+ volts, found a wire burnt out in regulator so twisted another wire in seemed to fix it got all the way back, unloaded and went to put bus in rear garden and had to jump start it lol (oh and the cheep replacement drivers side wing mirror fell off at the last stop so just threw it in back of van)

worked out to about 21MPG so not to bad (speedo reads 7 mile high over 100miles on sat nav)

very funny in petrol station at Crommer fueled up and went to pay partner still in bus, only one serving so took a while, got back to bus and partner said chap behind had been honking at her to move out of the way,
i supose if he looked he might have noticed its a LHD bus and she was in the passenger seat lol.

DSC03063.jpg

DSC03051.jpg

2012-06-18133627.jpg

2012-06-20094132.jpg

2012-06-16104613.jpg

2012-06-19145424.jpg

hiya ZedBed partner wants to go back there allready lol

got a couple of guages so had a play with fitting them in (rev counter and volt meter)

2012-06-28181057.jpg

2012-06-28181050.jpg

not had time to wire them in yet, will have a drive with them where they are to make sure im happy before wireing them up,

got tracker on way from china, just need to find a sim for it,

need to give bus a clean up before Stanford on sunday

had a good day at Stanford Hall, had a chat to a few more people,
spent some money (as you do)
picked up two roof racks which i now need to paint as there in bare metal,
but very good price (well i thought so),

2012-07-01184932.jpg

2012-07-01184916.jpg

ended up with another pull along cart as well (Gail bought that), grankids love em,
also llittle folding table for inside or outside bus,

now got loads of space to carry junk

Looks great with the roof racks. 8)

Just had a bit of a play with photoshop.
Lowered the front to match the rear, replaced the missing chrome deluxe trim and painted the waist line black.
2012-07-01184916.jpg

love your bus saw it at the american diner in december stock height buses IMO look really cool especially with the whitewalls but then see it lower at the front has got me thinking :?

012.jpg

Zebedee said:
Looks great with the roof racks. 8)

Just had a bit of a play with photoshop.
Lowered the front to match the rear, replaced the missing chrome deluxe trim and painted the waist line black.
2012-07-01184916.jpg

hmm does look nice fancy doing that for real lol,
will have to look into doing something about it when money allows dont realy want to go adjuster route but
may have to looking at costs of other options, will have to see what i can do this winter, saying that the way the weather is that will probably start next week lol

lobie said:
love your bus saw it at the american diner in december stock height buses IMO look really cool especially with the whitewalls but then see it lower at the front has got me thinking :?

012.jpg

cheers Lobie must say im begining to agree with you and every one else thats said get the front down,
its iether get the front down or raise the back up again but need to sort something out

took bus to works yard to have a day working on it as partners on night shifts this weekend,
so bolt roof racks back on to get them to work so i can strip and paint them,
new charge regulators turned up from america so fitted one before going to work to try it
still playing up big style, ended up scratching my head most of the day over it, and putting old one back on,
im starting to wonder if theres a problem with the alternator,
fitted feed wire to rev counter from coil (not very responsive :? wonder if feed wire to large ), fitted new windscreen washer pump to go with new hoses fitted the other week, stripped and replaced front wheel bearings,
and fitted new accessory partner bought last week 'hula girl' lol

2012-07-14161216.jpg

got back and took dog for a walk or should i say swim when is the rain going to stop!!!

went to americana at newark last weekend had a good weekend took the dodge a pic of our weekend camp,
not everyones cup of tea but we enjoy it,

2012-07-05162451.jpg

cheers Uber cool, will look at it when i get a chance, liked your tyres just need white walling lol.

used van for what it was intended for for the first time had friday off work so home Thursday nite load up
me the better half and max the OCD collie,

2012-07-29123249.jpg

finaly left Coventry about 8oclock at nite and headed towards bristol, got to bristol servies about 10 and
decided as i was cream crackered to stay there the night so much moving of 'stuff' around and pop the rear bench up on its zbed hinges with airbed on top, not that bad a sleep, even the better half slept ok

2012-07-27064502.jpg

up and away and down to Brean for a couple of nights camping, stayed at Diamond farm camp site £16 a night
showers 20p or 50p dependant on how long you want, seemed a nice place but road down to beach very buisy and not much of a footpath,

2012-07-27102747.jpg

2012-07-27102806.jpg

saying that for £3 a day you can drive onto the beach for the day

2012-07-27132600.jpg

bit windy so parked sideways on in end and sat having Tea and cakes in the van,
then off for a drive to chedder gorge got there when everythin was shut but beautifull views,
and a good drive up it

2012-07-27174450.jpg

rain today so pack up and folow the a38 to bristol before getting on motorway,
saw lots of vans of all types pleanty of waveing

p.s nearly didnt go anywhere ign switch packed up weds nite so quick wire up and now have push button starter button

Latest posts