1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the largest bore you could get away with? Incidentally my 2.7 has 6 x 92mm diameter pistons (the same as a 1776 would have)

WOW and WOW again, thatā€™s some great results this year and I can only imagine how addictive it could be. I canā€™t wait to hear about you guys doing a four inch bore for yours. Now that youā€™ve said it, youā€™ll be thinking about it.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,what a great addiction to have. :)

WOW and WOW again, thatā€™s some great results this year and I can only imagine how addictive it could be. I canā€™t wait to hear about you guys doing a four inch bore for yours. Now that youā€™ve said it, youā€™ll be thinking about it.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,what a great addiction to have. :)
Iā€™d like a 4ā€ bore motor but they donā€™t use ā€˜off the the shelfā€™ parts. Maybe 1 day, weā€™ll see šŸ¤”

Those carbs are huge! That's some motor right there! Can only image what the launch feels like with the 1/4mile in front of you!

Got me thinking the other day, was reading a post about a guy who was thinking of going to Spa in his beetle that had a hi-po motor with 48s, he worked out the cost of the fuel and didn't bother. I've never considered the cost of speed in that way before but it does make a difference! Costs me around Ā£80 to fill my tank with Super, so around Ā£120 (estimate) to do the 400mile round trip to Cornwall last weekend, and I'm going again next week...... I feel my power to fuel bill ratio is pretty decent or at least I'm comfortable with it, but it is a consideration for those wanting power without a thought for the impending fuel cost.

Look forward to seeing the progress :cool:

Latest posts