1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I leave for a fortnight in the US on Sunday so the bus has gone into the body shop to have a couple of scabby bits it’s picked up from stone chips and something opening a door into it 🙄 having them addressed before they get nasty in a few years time. I drive this thing as much as possible and I drive it hard so I accept it will never stay pristine but I want to keep it as nice as I can for many years to come.

So I’ve returned from my travels to the new world. Had a good time indulging in American culture with my family who live out there and in my first day home I went to collect the bus. Geoff has done an outstanding job 👌🏻

Also got myself some new valve springs, retainers & collets from CB performance. Upgrading to CB650’s, nitrous is hard on the valve springs as it makes the engine pull through the rpm very fast, so a bit of preventive maintenance and the stronger springs will be an improvement in valve control.

Last edited:
Looks great! I need a few bits of paint on mine this winter, a bubble on the windscreen and around the bottom of the Westy windows, I won't be investigating the copious amounts of filler on the slider and towards the back on that OS tho lol, it can stay that way for a few more years yet

Looks great! I need a few bits of paint on mine this winter, a bubble on the windscreen and around the bottom of the Westy windows, I won't be investigating the copious amounts of filler on the slider and towards the back on that OS tho lol, it can stay that way for a few more years yet
I don’t expect the bus to stay perfect for ever, I use it alot and drive it hard so it’s gonna get bubbles, scabs and chips etc. I just want keep it solid 💪🏻

Latest posts