1970 tin top westy resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he has them on there too..

not cheap tho

http://shop.volkswarenhaus.de/product_info.php/info/p6016_Interior-Operating-Mechanism--left--Chrome-08-68-07-73.html

Cheers Jon - that's bang on :D

Flogged both kids, the Wife's left me, sold the Dog to a Vietnamese fella and am now hanging around the streets in Ipswich late evenings - looks like it's going take another week to afford the MOT :shock:

Thats ok,

i tried to sell the wife at work but no takers, hell you can't even give them away nowadays, no wonder their fathers do it on wedding days must have prior info on cost...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hi it's Mrs 58Herbie,

I find it easier if I just let him drift into his own world, just like a child really. All he needs is his toys and his dinner - so simple!!! Reality is a mystery to him. :twisted: :lol:

Hi it's Mrs 58Herbie,

I find it easier if I just let him drift into his own world, just like a child really. All he needs is his toys and his dinner - so simple!!! Reality is a mystery to him. :twisted: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're not related to my Wife are you ? that's sounds awfully familiar :D

Dude that is the dogs

(you haven't got any of the westy interior left have you, i am after the spice rack table and hinge)

Just back from Dave Simpson's - working flat out to get it sorted for MOT this week - list of stuff completed: Replaced leaking Master Brake cyclinder seals, New electric fuel pump (I borrowed the old one from Dave's Karmann but it was ticking too loud), Horn, Anti-roll bar, Wipers and some electrical stuff. The bump stops were cut down and the bus dropped an inch at the rear. It had been sitting on them a tad, so we can now order the right sized shocks.

Plus some less urgent stuff like Jail bars, Curtains & Roof Rack,

29062008007.jpg

29062008017.jpg

29062008002.jpg

29062008003.jpg

29062008008.jpg

I managed to find a pretty good westy side light lens on Samba, but it was posted surface mail from Canada about a month ago - hopefully turn up one day.. :roll:
Should be picking up the sink unit next week.. :D

Saw this van today it will blow you away when you see it in the metal.A true show winner top job will and dave good luck wednesday for the mot you wont need it will sail through
Chris

Coming from some one like yourself Chris, that's a real compliment - thanks :D,

Will catch up next week :wink:

29062008008.jpg

Will... we won't ask what the pack of baby wet wipes are doing near to the van shall we.???? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

somebody getting exicted.. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Top work mate, it just keeps getting better and better, how are we supposed to build our buses to come close to that standard??

Slight delay - Thursday P.M Chris! - but I'm not worried - Anything that fails will be under warrantee !

Will have the sink unit over there on Friday :wink:

OK another slight delay - I ordered the wrong rear shocks :? Should have gone KYB gas-a-just rear and KYB GR2 fronts, but went GR2's front and back and the rear was going to top out.

The right ones have now arrived!

Monday!!!!

The shocks fit :) And the most stressful part of the build is over - Fitting the nose :!:
If I hadn't ended up hand drilling out the inside of each plastic clip I would have badly shagged the front panel trying to get the badge on - Could have been a falling down moment :evil:

.. But as it was it's done :D

04072008010.jpg

04072008011.jpg

04072008012.jpg

04072008013.jpg

2nd coat of varnish on the sink unit - one more coat to do.. :) :)

its really really beautiful im soooo jealous! :D now all you need is some nice camping weather 8)

Job done... (well just about, I'm sure I'll start adding bit's...)

All taxed, tested and registered & the interior is now finished - the sink unit is all in now..

20072008005.jpg

Got it home...

21072008003.jpg

And then went to BugJam (AKA Chav' watch). Put it in the show and shine....

20072008007.jpg

20072008001.jpg

20072008006.jpg

A Samba won best type 2... no surprise there then.....It was a F&*king nice Samba though.. :wink:

Off to Dorset in two weeks.... :D :D

i would have gave it first, i really like this van, so much good work and understated lovelyness, i could get through a whole packet of baby wetwipes :p :oops:

Latest posts