1970 tin top westy resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick update,

Quite a bit has been going on over the last few weeks. We needed to get it ready for the interior to be fitted which is taking place over the next week....

The roof and the side panels have been covered in insulation and the doors wax oiled & sealed before the wooden panels & door cards are fitted...
P5150358.jpg

P5150359.jpg

P5150357.jpg

... Joe has finished off polishing the roof, all the panels, the rear tail gate and engine lid have now been fitted along with the rear bumper and valance while Dave has been burning the midnight oil on all the other jobs like handles, seals, rubbers and snagging - which means that as from today it looks like this....
P5150361.jpg

P5150363.jpg

P5150368.jpg

P5150374.jpg

P5150366.jpg

P5150370.jpg

P5150367.jpg

P5150362.jpg

...Front badge still to go on, a few seals, and shocks when it comes back and then it's off to get an MOT.... YEEE HAAAA!! :D :D :D

P.S - Get some sleep Dave!

awsome mate. the engine looks fantastic. i like the way it looks bone stock from outside then when you look a bit deeper you see the custom scary green detailing. looking forward to seeing it in the flesh. when is it coming out?

gorgeous looking van and sweeeeeeeeet engine if my resto looks half as good as this ill be happy,

also what are you using for the roof and side panel insulation?

mate, that looks amazing! defo show winner there 8) great looking bus :mrgreen:

awsome mate. the engine looks fantastic. i like the way it looks bone stock from outside then when you look a bit deeper you see the custom scary green detailing. looking forward to seeing it in the flesh. when is it coming out?

Hoping the interior will be completed next week and a couple of things after that, then MOT so we should be good for June.

gorgeous looking van and sweeeeeeeeet engine if my resto looks half as good as this ill be happy,

also what are you using for the roof and side panel insulation?

'Thermawrap' from Focus - £25.00 for 7M x 1M enough for the van and equivalent to 55 mm of polystyrene - Apparently.. http://www.thermawrap.co.uk/

This is an absolutely lovely looking bus I take my hat,jeans, t-shirt and me bloody Y fronts off to you..... :lol: now stood in my socks.... :lol:

This sure is a show winner, worth all the effort now no doubt, great colours and the engine bay especially. 10 out of 10. Couldn't pop round and sort mine out ???

P5150361.jpg

new desktop wall paper :wink:

nicon_drool.gif
nicon_drool.gif
nicon_drool.gif
nicon_drool.gif
nicon_drool.gif
nicon_drool.gif
nicon_drool.gif
nicon_drool.gif
nicon_drool.gif
nicon_drool.gif

the engine bay is one of the cleanest ive seen on a bus 8)

real nice job! get the interior finished and go enjoy it! :D

Absolutely Awesome!!!!!!

I love it.... the colour, the clean lines..... perfect!

Can't wait to see this in the flesh at an Earlybay line-up in the not too distant future I hope?

:D

the engine bay is one of the cleanest ive seen on a bus 8)

real nice job! get the interior finished and go enjoy it! :D

That's the plan Johnny - this bus is going to travel. I might be a bit precious for the first couple of weeks but after that it's going to get used hard & driven at every opportunity, the way they all should be.

I can't wait to see how the interior is going to look :D

Yep!

Defo agree.........

Attention to detail is spot on....

Early Bay convoy with this up front for sure...!

Sweeeeeeeettttttt

:lol:

Quick update, the bus has been moved for the interior fit out. The plan is to replicate - as close as possible the original interior, but with a few modifications. The headlining, door cards, kick panels & side panels are all being replaced in Baltic Birch while the Westy interior is being remade with an Oak facing ply - the panels are being made to the original thickness by gluing the oak facing ply to birch ply.

I popped over today and the headlining has been fitted and is ready for varnishing...
19052008.jpg

19052008001.jpg

The buddy seat has been finished along with the panel under the R/Roll bed...

19052008003.jpg

I'm aiming use similar Westy vinyl and edging for the tops and fold away table were appropriate...
19052008005.jpg

It should be woodtastic!

No other jokes about wood please :wink:

No other jokes about wood please

As if we wood?
Opps, I tried Knot to but wood you believe it..... I thought of one pun and then it just branched out into others...... guess this makes me the plank? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Interior looks great by the way!

I was gonna leaf it there but anyone who knows me will tell you that I wooden't.

I thought long and hard for more puns but at first I was stumped, no matter how hard I thought everything just went against the grain.... it was driving me completely barking mad. I guess you could say that I just could knot see the wood for the trees.
But then..... I finally twigged, and realised that I wasn't a sap after all and if I wood just ap-ply myself.... they wood come to me!

Sorry tintintin.... I couldn't help myself but that really is it now - I'm logging off............

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know what to say Dan - I'm little bit scared of meeting you now!! :wink: :wink:

..especially if you know of the game 'celebrity fish'.... :)

this looks no expense spared :D and it shows, its gonna be as nice inside as it is outside 8)

tintintin said:
I don't know what to say Dan - I'm little bit scared of meeting you now!! :wink: :wink:

..especially if you know of the game 'celebrity fish'.... :)

Never heard of the game, but if it involves alcohol..... count me in!

On a serious note.... I can't wait to see your bus finished... as I just know this is one hell of cracker and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the final masterpiece at an Earlybay line up soon! So keep us updated with the pictures and progress!
And don't worry I'm not scary at all...... I just need to get a life.... or some sleep - one of the two?

Latest posts