1970 tin top westy resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a good paw over this at Bug Jam and to say it was flawless would be the understatement of the year...... loved it!

Who was it who did the body and paint again? Fantastic work!

Cheers everyone for all your support,

1st Jan - 18th July timeline!

Special thanks go out to:

Dave Simpson - Simpson's Aircooled for all his work (mechanical, quality welding, taking it apart, putting it back together etc..) & allowing me to be a picky pain in the arse.

Joe - for all his prep, flattening and beautiful paint work

Dave Rozee - Interior woodwork - it's a one off! - Beautiful.

John AKA Herbie58 - Wiring Harness and allowing me to be a pain in the arse.

The lovely Wifey for not seeing much of me for the last 6 months & not daring to ask how much the whole F&*king thing cost..

Panalvan, Grazy, See you guy's around soon! :wink:

Holiday snaps to follow....

tintintin said:
Cheers everyone for all your support,

1st Jan - 18th July timeline!

Special thanks go out to:

Dave Simpson - Simpson's Aircooled for all his work (mechanical, quality welding, taking it apart, putting it back together etc..) & allowing me to be a picky pain in the arse.

Joe - for all his prep, flattening and beautiful paint work

Dave Rozee - Interior woodwork - it's a one off! - Beautiful.

John AKA Herbie58 - Wiring Harness and allowing me to be a pain in the arse.

The lovely Wifey for not seeing much of me for the last 6 months & not daring to ask how much the whole F&*king thing cost..

Panalvan, Grazy, See you guy's around soon! :wink:

Holiday snaps to follow....

Thanks Will,

Just Honoured to be part of making a very special Bus..and look forward to seeing you and the Bus in the flesh at vanfest with mine so we can sit down and enjoy some well deserved bevvies...lol..hic..hic..burp.. :shock:

Hi will
Nice plate only a few after mine

Nice one Chris - a couple of of group shots at the next meet I think :wink:

and look forward to seeing you and the Bus in the flesh at vanfest with mine so we can sit down and enjoy some well deserved bevvies...lol..hic..hic..burp

Definate Jon :)

Blimey Will, what an inspiration.... :lol: :lol: 8)

That interior is amazing, what an inspiration...and a great colour combo too, I can see now why you wanted grey seat belts.. 8) the headliner and the door cards look fantastic.

Your thread has given me lots of ideas for my 69 panel, so thanks for that :lol:

When I see some of the garish 'resto's on the Samba, it's nothing short of refreshing to see what we do over here in the UK, and yours is a fine example of that, very very nice... :wink:

Carole

Cheers Carole,

That interior is amazing, what an inspiration...and a great colour combo too, I can see now why you wanted grey seat belts.. the headliner and the door cards look fantastic.
- I'm flattered because Beeglebus was my main inspiration :D 8)

Will.

A few snaps from our latest trip...

P8090405.jpg

Kimmeridge..

P8140460.jpg

P8140465.jpg

P8140462.jpg

Then off to the Norfolk Coast..
Dunwich..

P8190491.jpg

P8190496.jpg

P8190501.jpg

P8190503.jpg

Went to Bosham over the weekend & decided to take the Audi for ease - Broke down on the M23 and didn't arrive until 02:30 hrs - there's a moral in there some where... :shock:

Very nice one indeed.

How does the brakes feel and work? I'm thinking about some CSP disk brakes up front as well. Is it worth it?

Well happy :D tks, a few more tweaks... and I still haven't fitted the Propex yet Faux... I'll definitely be getting a trailer next year so I can add bikes and boards and also take some weight out.

How does the brakes feel and work? I'm thinking about some CSP disk brakes up front as well. Is it worth it?

I must have had a ton of gear in the bus (including the people) and they worked great, they pulled evenly and stopped the bus within reasonable distance. My opinion but I wouldn't have added the 1776 without also upgrading the fronts at least.

Looks bloody great mate , Nice to see it getting used after so much work 8)

That is one nice looking bus and looks like it is performing as it should :mrgreen:

Well done and enjoy :wink:

Couple of little additions since last time..

Got a three bow roof rack and cut it down to a two bow & saved £50 against the cost of a two bow by doing that :D

P6130274.jpg

P6130266.jpg

Fitted the Bambus shelves I had sitting in the garage for over a year...

P6130270.jpg

P6130269.jpg

And fitted the assist strap so my wife doesn't bounce across the bus anymore,.. well not when I'm driving anyway...

P6130267.jpg

Off to Alive and V-dubbin in the morning :D

WOW :shock:
this bus is something else!!!! cant believe i have only just discovered this build thread!!!! im normally switched onto what else is out there in beryl green!!!!

normally i'd post a pic of my bus in its beryl colours... but it would just bring the tone of this thread right down!!!! :lol:

you must be veeeeerrry proud!!!!!

:mrgreen:

Latest posts