1970 tin top westy resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grazy said:
Kermit beam is the fuckin NUTS ,

there I said it :?

Language Timothy!

sorry_1_396x222.jpg

;)

Yes,

The gearbox is back from Cogbox and ready to fit. (maybe after a little smooth down and spray..)

P3070178.jpg

Oh, and the postman delivered this...

P3130152.jpg

No word of a lie - this IS a thing of beauty, it's not often I get excited by a harness (well maybe at weekends..), but 58herbie (Jon) has put so much time and effort into this loom you can't help be impressed.

Every wire is in original vw color codes, all individually flagged and with a full wiring diagram, extra wire for the heated windscreen, towbar, safety star and Aux battery switch.

It's as good as it gets - top man Jon & many, many thanks!

'Now where does the green one go....'

More photo's of the bus to come!

:) :)

Thanks Will,

i was not looking for praise

i just turn out work i expect to get when i pay for something thats all, just good honest work ..

the wife nags at me thou tells me i am to much of a pefectionist.. lol

doood! that is indeed a thing of beauty!! top marks! 8)

Very impressed - with the 'box and harness - good luck with the installation of both :D

Quick up-date :D :D

Spent the day at Simpsons Aircooled today..

The bus has had the first coat of under seal ...

P3130154.jpg

...and we got to work with the loom that Jon sent and did as much as we could..

P3170171.jpg

...the final pieces of willow green have been sprayed..

P3130168.jpg

.. and we started putting the engine together..
P3170173.jpg

P3170175.jpg

P3170180.jpg

P3170182.jpg

P3170186.jpg

P3170185.jpg

P3170187.jpg

A very very good Monday!

:wink: :wink:

OMG i really love the green engine and trackrods. classy. 8)

can you do me a favor? are those offset manifolds or straight?

if they are offset can you measure the distance the linkage rod is from the fanhousing? reason im asking is i bought straight manifolds and im not sure they will fit a CB hex linkage without fouling on the fan housing, im not sure if i need to buy offset manifolds?

Johnny,

I'm pretty sure they are standard, but I'm not 100% - I didn't ask for offset when Eurocarb sent them. We did have to play around with the fan housing to stop the carbs from touching the edges, but as far as the the linkage is concerned, it sits a good 15-20 mm from the housing, but I'll double check for you in the morning and let you know.

rgds

Latest posts