2165 build

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobster

Reaction score
I've just got my hands on a 2165cc longblock for my bus and am looking for advice on the ancillaries I need.

At the moment all I have is a Bosch alternator kit and a set of dellorto 40's are on order.

I also have a 009 dizzy bug am thinking of upgrading this to something else.

I know I'll need a remote cooler, fuel pump, pulley, exhaust (can of worms ?) and a million and one other thing but an looking for recommendations.

Ta

Have s look at the 123vw-r-v this is a good upgrade ignition kit I use on most of my engine builds.
Check out vintagespeeduk webshop for more details.
Thanks
Dan.

Hi Dan- I`m just putting toegther an engine for my van - is that a vacuum adv dizzy in that kit or mechanical (or combo) and what advantages are there over say a pertronix used with a stock vac vw dizzy?

Thanks, Mike

Cheers Dan, I'll take a look as I was wondering about the CB performance dissy's

Yes this has the vac on it, ideal for vans etc, these are not cheap but very well made units , don't spoil your engine on a cheaper ignition, you get what you pay for.
Cheers
Dan

I`ll see where the budget is lieing once i get to the point of fitting ignition! Probably off the scale!

Latest posts