6 rib gearbox fitting

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacks906

Reaction score
Hi all

Managed to sorce a 6 rub gearbox but id like to check that its the correct one does anyone know the number that indicates its the better ratio box or is it just counting revolutions

Also what mods are needed to the box to fit to a eairly 70's bay

I know I dont have the over the top hanger for it but could possibly be fitted as im about to re do the body work.... but is it really needed?

Also any mods needed to the box? I've not got them side by side yet so not had the chance to see but just like to be prepared

Cheers for any help

Dave

jacks906 said:
Hi all

Managed to sorce a 6 rub gearbox but id like to check that its the correct one does anyone know the number that indicates its the better ratio box or is it just counting revolutions

Dave

See Here

or more helpful Here

sorry, couldnt resist....... :oops:

Mr Brightside said:
jacks906 said:
Hi all

Dave

See Here

or more helpful Here

sorry, couldnt resist....... :oops:

Lol !!!

I think you have to shorten the input shaft by around 15mm or swap it with yours and I think that's it what engine you going to be running

The casing should have a raise number starting 091

Then stamped in will be the gearbox code, which starts with two letters this will tell you what box you actually have, if you can get the letters Ican tell you what it is.

Latest posts