69 westy montana red

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rusty Lee said:
battery got conected tonight for the first time in years.front light indicators and wipers all work so engine needs to go in.big smile on my face even took a pic of the lights on.

Photo0471.jpg

Big yeah :D

Hi Lee, I'm not 100% sure yet. Think we may be going on the Wednesday and staying for a week after so might be getting the ferry as it will be loads cheaper. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks :)

cool mate.we booked euro tunnel it was 119 quid return not bad rather that than sat for 2 hours on ferry.let me know if you want our details so we can go same times

faux said:
Does look good Lee, I'm almost as excited as you......but I ban all EBI chatter! :evil:

Oh come on jon u know we get u to come in the end.remember when u got your bus i was on phone every hour has it come yet has it come yet ha ha.not long now mate.put the fuel tank cover on tonight but thats all i got done as i had to get home oh and i got my stainless hoses for the wilwoods too.so i spent an hour at the motorsport place looking around,

I understand that your wife and new born child will be more important than a VW show and I would do the same if I were in your position (Edited by Faux for marriage related reasons :mrgreen:)

Oh Come on Jon- You are so whipped!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

EBI is going to be awesome! 8)

Gutted you ain't gonna be there with us mate ;)

Van is looking cool as Lee- (this film is poo!!)

Ha ha Jon i like that.

Sethster it sounded pants ha ha but you too are also wipped as your watching a chick flick ha ha ha.roll on summer.

Looking really good Lee, are we going to see it anywhere else before EBI (whoops sorry Jon)

Been searching for a little info and images of LP beams under low-lights, especially looking for peeps running Porsche PCD and/or 944 brakes.... Low and behold I find your project.....

Lovin' the Bus in a very major way, by the way....

I want to roll at about the height your at currently... Possibly a little lower, but I'll be stuffed if I can find what I'm looking for.... I have two sets of rims I want to run on my Bay.... Deep 6's and RONAL's.... And I really would like to get a good look at the clearance options available, before I start cutting on this LP beam....

So I have a question... Have you narrowed the beam at all?

Thanks bud love the comments. my beam is not narrowed at all. im not really that into narrowed beams but i would of if i couldn't get the height i wanted. are you going to run 944. im loving the wilwoods too or you using turbo brakes.

I have standard non-turbo 944 vented rotors with the slider style calipers.... Not sure if the RONALS will fit yet, but the deep 6's will be fine for sure... I have made the conversion parts to make it all bolt up to the drop spindles.... I know the LP beam is narrower than the BJ number, but by how much I have no clue.... And I know the drop spindles also narrow the track slightly by about 20mm in total... So I'm hoping the total will be enough to give me the clearance I need...

The hunt for info continues....

Jon (Faux) Knows how much narrower a link pin beam is. he did tell me but i can't remember.

Rusty Lee said:
Jon (Faux) Knows how much narrower a link pin beam is. he did tell me but i can't remember.
Reckon its around an inch or so narrower bud,bus looks stunning love wheel choice,spot on!!!!!

Latest posts