'70 sunroof deluxe - WORK IN PROGRESS

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry i keep forgetting to take pics! will remember i hope

anyway....

i got the van in primer today :D

01072008344.jpg

01072008346.jpg

01072008348.jpg

01072008349.jpg

01072008350.jpg

01072008351.jpg

im tired now :(

its going to be the colour it was when i first bought it, after a few months of having the van a few crap repairs came through and i bought the paint to blow it in so now i have the paint its going back the same although i would like to change colour i cant decide on one and also £££ factor has alot to do with it as its cost me a fortune already.

100_0634.jpg

Wow! You're really moving along nicely there fella :wink:

I got inspired today too and did some more work, but not near as far ahead as you are!

Keep it up and hope it turns out good with the cellulose paint :roll:

Why not use epoxy primer as a solid base?

BeetleWarrior said:
Would it be possible for you to post a pic of the other side of this area. Looking from the sunroof hole into the drain close enough to have some detail to it?

I have a '70 bay that was once a popup but the fiberglass part is rotted out and the PO started to make it a sunroof but didn't know about the drains. Mine, not being a sunroof to begin with doesn't have the fittings to connect the hoses onto. If I could get an idea what they looked like I might be able to make some.

Thanks
Bump!

cheers man, looks even better now, gave it a final coat of paint this morning then a wet coat, bit orange peely but im liking the matt shine :twisted:

heres some pics as it is now, started fitting everything up (loosely) and its startin to look like a bus again - BIG smiles

11072008393.jpg

11072008394.jpg

11072008395.jpg

11072008397.jpg

im paying £50 a week for tat place but only five weeks in there so not too bad 8)

off to fit all the new goodies ive been collecting for what seems like years! :)

Lookin good dude! Now where did you get that locking fuel cap!?

darn it i just forked out for a non-locking one. :x

I could do with one really, thieving b*stards round here will nick anything that isn't bolted down. Does it have a decent seal inside? I changed mine as I could smell fuel and spotted the seal was nackered...but couldnt find a locking one at the time.

How many pennies are they squire? :mrgreen:

i dont know how much dude, if you find someone selling one maybe you should ask them :lol:

i found mine in an autojumble at tatton for a fiver

Latest posts