71 Westy Resto Begins

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally agree with you, both Ron at Endangered Species and M&D have been awesome throughout.

However, I have found that in order to get a cup of tea out of Ron you need to bring cakes!!

Van is coming back to me on Wednesday for the refit :D

Thats looking stunning, love the reflections on the shiney new colour.

but if mine comes back this high im letting the tyres straight down.

marsh said:
IMG_7810.jpg

:lol: :lol:

:lol: Yeah very true. Will bring it down from the clouds when finances allow!!

marsh said:
Totally agree with you, both Ron at Endangered Species and M&D have been awesome throughout.

However, I have found that in order to get a cup of tea out of Ron you need to bring cakes!!

Van is coming back to me on Wednesday for the refit :D

Look forward to seeing pics of the next stage ... seems like a trip to the cake shop will be on the cards then :lol:

Excellent Sam - looking great. I'm so pleased my van is in the same carefull and experienced hands! We're due to go to paint any day now - I'd better start a thread! Keep posting the pics.

Kev

So I have managed to get a few bits done on the van. front bumper is on, dash is in place and rewiring has begun. Gearbox should be going off to Bears next month for an overhaul, however a lack of time and money is slowing me up!

Anyhow here are a couple of pics of progress made:

IMG_3815.jpg

IMG_3818.jpg

IMG_3819.jpg

IMG_3814.jpg

Looking really good Sam, keep up the good work,

Cheers Graham, getting there slowly but starting to come together now :D

youve done more than me in less months than ive taken years to do my bus. and its better than my. what the f@ck have i been doing? bus looks great mate :D

Well it's been a busy few months mainly because the wife had a baby girl last month :D. However work has continued and now the electrics have been completed lights front and back are finished and the 1776cc engine built by Jason at Interpro (Bristol) has arrived. Got to say that I am well impressed with the motor which will run with a Bears rebuilt 2lt spec gearbox. Also went for the Vintage Speed exhaust which is awesome!! In the process of fitting the twin Dellorto 40's, more pics to follow.

IMG_4873.jpg

IMG_4881.jpg

IMG_4878.jpg

IMG_4886.jpg

IMG_4887.jpg

Well the engine is finally finished and in the van!! Really pleased with the progress and even managed to move her out of the workshop without having to push. May seem trivial to some but really excited following todays achievements :D Might even have an MOT soon! Here are the latest pics:

IMG_8005.jpg

IMG_8009.jpg

IMG_8008.jpg

IMG_8012.jpg

IMG_8010.jpg

Cheers gents! Another quality engine from Jason, thanks for the advice Just :D

cheers ooro, hoping to actually drive it one day!!

Stock pump for now but that may well change in the future!

Lights, apparently very important whilst driving at night!!

IMG_5367.jpg

IMG_5368.jpg

IMG_5375.jpg

IMG_5351-1.jpg

Latest posts